HOLKER Old Boys’ excellent form continued as they beat Widnes 3-1 at Rakesmoor in North West Counties Division One.

After a goalless first half, Chris Wraighte opened the scoring soon after the break and two goals in two minutes from Guy Heffernan and John Paul Stanway put Holker 3-0 up.

The visitors pulled a goal back, but Old Boys held on to win and make it 11 games unbeaten.

They are now fourth in the table, with games in hand on all but one of the sides above them. One of those games is tomorrow night, at home to mid-table Daisy Hill (kick-off 7.45pm).

The improved weather saw most games go ahead, with only a couple of games involving local West Lancs sides and just two Furness Premier League games being postponed.

In the West Lancs Premier Division, Vickerstown gained a much-needed victory as a late Danny Cunnings goal earned a 1-0 win over Hesketh Bank.

The results moves Vickerstown above Crooklands Casuals on goal difference, with Cassies having a bad day at the office, going down 6-0 at high-flying Blackpool Wren Rovers.

Results were not favourable to the South Cumbrian contingent in Division One, with both Hawcoat Park and GSK Ulverston Rangers going down 2-0 at home.

Rangers were beaten by Poulton and Hawcoat by Hurst Green. The Hurst Green win was bad news for Askam as, combined with their 3-0 defeat at table-topping Turton, it meant the Villages slipped into the bottom two with Dalton United.

Dalton put in another good display against a side near the top of the table, but as with their recent trip to Burscough, they came back from Ladybridge empty-handed.

The home side used their wide artificial pitch well, constantly switching play at pace, but keeper Chris Pearce was in good form for Dalton.

Midway through the first half, a Phil Rigg free-kick was headed in by Andy Frazer to put Dalton ahead, but their game plan was disrupted when a shoulder injury to Rossa Miller resulted in a trip to accident and emergency, though it did give Fraser Shand his first-team debut.

The home side levelled before half-time and continued to press in the second half.

Dalton had chances on the break through Frazer, Ian Callison and Brad Robinson, but Ladybridge made their possession count and went 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go.

The hosts went down to 10 men when their left-back received a second yellow card, but were able to hold on to win despite Frazer and Dan Myles going close for Dalton.

In Division Two, the only local side to play were Swarthmoor Social, who visited Kendal County in a top v bottom clash.

There was not a lot between the sides, but Kendal increased their lead at the summit with a 2-1 win. Graham Wilcox scored for Swarthmoor, who almost got an unlikely point but saw a late effort hit the bar.

With Vickerstown reserves not playing, GSK Ulverston Rangers reserves went one point clear at the top of the Riflemans Garage Furness Premier Division table following a 3-3 draw at Barrow Celtic that saw both sides have a man sent off.

Rangers’ scorers were Reis Sharp (2) and Ronan Simpson, with Craig Woodburn (2) and Carl Pearson on target for Celtic.

Britannia earned a third straight win by beating Bootle 3-0 at Redwaters. After an even start, Sean Darby crossed for Ross Walker to open the scoring with a powerful header.

Brit keeper Jonny Jones pulled off a flying save to keep them in the lead and soon after Darby and Liam Holmes combined to tee up Connor McPherson, who made it 2-0.

In the second half, Bootle pressed to try and get back into the game but the points were wrapped up when the two scorers combined to set up Liam Holmes, who completed the scoring.

Bootle continued to put the home side under pressure but were unable to find a goal that their attacking play deserved. Brit are now sixth on 22 points.

Kirkby United won 4-0 at Furness Rovers reserves with a solid team performance in an entertaining game. The goals came from Paul Cleasby and three headers, two by Matty Bruce and one through Connor Saunders.

The win means Kirkby are eighth in the table, but just six points off top spot having at least three games in hand on all the teams above them.

Barrow Wanderers and Hawcoat Park reserves shared the points from a 1-1 draw at Lesh Lane. Ben Johnson scored for Wanderers, with Brandon Collins on target for Hawcoat.

Askam United reserves moved out of the bottom two with a 2-1 victory over Millom reserves, courtesy of a brace from Brad Jackson. Chris Wood replied for Millom, who look marooned at the foot of the table.

It was a good day for Premier Tiles Division One leaders Croftlands Park, as they beat second-placed Holker Old Boys A 7-1 and the sides in third and fourth at the start of the day – Hawcoat Park A and Dalton United reserves – drew with each other.

Andy Currie scored a hat-trick for Croftlands and the other goal came through Matt Dean, Jamie Slater, Macauley Dixon and Sam Moore. James Curtis netted for Holker.

Hawcoat A and Dalton reserves drew 3-3 at Railway Meadow and the point moves Hawcoat back to second. Their scorers were Sam Fell, Andy Baynes and Jack Stilling, while Scott McCabe, Steve Harkin and Mark Jones found the net for Dalton.

Walney Island reserves have now won their last six games in Division One and on Saturday a solitary Matt Lockley effort was enough to secure a 1-0 success over Barrow Celtic reserves.

An Iaian McDonald hat-trick helped Vickerstown A to a 4-3 win over GSK Ulverston Rangers A. Dave Goodwin scored their other, with Peter Spence getting two for Rangers, whose other strike came from a Mark Casson own goal.

Haverigg United reserves managed to get a much-needed win over a below-strength Crooklands Casuals reserves.

Anthony Foster scored a hat-trick in the 4-2 win for Haverigg, with Ricky Jeynes also on target. Terry Anderson grabbed both for Cassies.

In Division Two, Ormsgill North End took advantage of Millom A’s game being postponed by beating Britannia reserves 5-1 to move top of the table on goal difference.

Ormsgill’sScorers were Connor Bone (2), Damian Minnican, Liam Cunningham and Si Thompson.

Carl Gill managed to get sent off by picking up 2 yellow cards after coming on a subsitute with 20 minutes to go. Brit’s goal was a screamer from Tyler McPherson.

Bootle reserves beat FC Barrow Island 1-0 with a goal from Matty Lampitt, who also missed a penalty.

Furness Cavaliers reserves and Dalton United A finally managed to play their Furness Junior Cup tie by playing at Biggar Bank, with Rampside Road still unfit.

Dalton’s young side gave 100 per cent, but were unable to make up the two division gap between the sides as Cavaliers won 5-0.

Scorers were Jordan Hughes (2), Jamie Wright, Mike McGoldrick and James McGoldrick.

Cartmel reached the semi-finals of the Westmorland Senior Cup with an emphatic 9-0 win over Unisun Athletic.