HINDPOOL Tigers failed in their bid for a place in the semi-finals of the North West Men’s League's Trophy competition.

They came face to face with the holders Bank Quay Bulls at Brisbane Park, and were ahead 22-6 going into the final 15 minutes of the second half.

However, The Bulls went on the rampage to register 22 unanswered points to win the game 28-22.

A healthy crowd witnessed a great first half from the Tigers, who dominated matters for long periods, well led by Paul Rickleton, Grant Burns and lively full-back Finlay Goodings.

The Tigers took the game to the visitors from Warrington and soon went ahead with a neat try from Rickleton with the conversion from the boot of Ryan Kyte 6-0.

It was soon 10-0 to the Tigers when a neat kick through the cover was snapped up by Jack Osman who crossed the line. Kyte failed to convert.

However, pressure from the Bulls enabled Brad Alpine to touchdown for Alex Green to convert 10-6.

Play flowed from one end of the field to the other with some gritty defending by the Tigers keeping the Bulls at bay.

The Tigers survived, and a great break from Rickleton saw Osman race for the line before he was hauled down.

The Bulls hung on too long in the tackle, and were penalised from where Osman found Connor McDermott on the angle run to touchdown. Kyte added the goal 16-6.

Jamie McIlroy came on for the Tigers and was soon involved and his long ball trying to set up a try was intercepted by Green.

Early in the second half, Mcllroy was on target with a looping ball to Cameron McDermott who cruised in from close range, Connor McDermott adding the goal 22-6.

The Bulls were soon to respond with a converted try making it 22-12. This spurred on the visitors who then took control to add a further 16 points to seal victory.

Roose Pioneers were more fortunate and reached the last four with a 32-14 win at Blackpool Scorpions and have an away tie at Rochdale Mayfield on May 25.

Sam Beattie crossed for a hat-trick of tries, with others from Matty Gedling, Ethan Bowness and Josh Tranter with four goals via the boot of Beattie.

In the Conference, Barrow Island went down 32-24 at Thornhill Trojans after leading at one stage 18-0.

The home side hit back to 18-18 before Island regained the lead at 24-18.

However, injuries piled up for the Island with Perry Singleton (on loan from Whitehaven) Carl McBain and Olie Holmes all leaving the field.

Millom also lost on the road, they went down 50-10 at Normanton Knights with Josh Blinkhorn and Aiden Wilson crossing for tries with Jonathan Hodgson adding a goal.