BARROW Raiders went out of the 1895 cup losing their quarter-final tie to Championship title favourites Wakefield Trinity.

But the Raider’s players can hold their heads up high as they pushed the big spenders all the way.

Young Barrow Island winger Max Anderson-Moore made a dream debut in a Barrow shirt as he ran in two well taken tries.

Moore came in for the suspended Luke Broadbent, while Jarrad Stack also missed out through suspension.

 James Greenwood and Bret Carter were both ruled out due to injuries, as was Ellis Gillam.

Barrow were hit with a double whammy inside the first four minutes as Trinity crossed for a brace of tries, both converted as the home side took a 12-0 lead.

However, despite this early setback, Barrow competed well against a team that was demoted from Super League last season.

In fact, Barrow applied more pressure on the home line than Trinity did at the other end.

Raiders found themselves behind within the first 60 seconds with a try from Renouf Atoni which was converted by Max Jowitt 6-0.

And before they could catch their breath, Jowitt was himself dotting the ball down over the visitors’ line. He also tagged on the extra two points.

Thoughts of a runaway victory at this early stage were soon dismissed as Barrow went toe to toe with their hosts.

Raiders nearly put a point on the board minutes later when Ryan Johnston chipped over the Trinity cover.

Matty Costello swooped parting to Ramon Silva only for the ex-Wigan forward’s pass to go astray.

Trinity came back through former Great Britain half-back Luke Gale, who put in a dangerous kick, but Brad Walker was on hand to gather.

Tom Walker led several raids for Barrow in his first competitive game in over nine months before taking a well-earned break.

Raiders had earlier lost Charlie Emslie with a head injury, and he failed to return, but they fought like tigers to deny Trinity further points until four minutes from the break.

It was from a deep kick which saw the ball bounce awkwardly for the Barrow defence that Josh Griffin was on hand to touchdown for Jowitt to convert.

On the half-time hooter Barrow caught Trinity napping with Johnston and Brad Walker kicking ahead forcing Jowitt to put the ball out of play.

Trinity almost stretched their lead early in the second half when Jowitt broke through only to fall to a textbook tackle from Creswell.

Barrow did get their rewards when after sustained pressure a Johnston cut out pass went into the arms of Anderson-Moore who crossed the whitewash.

Ryan Shaw failed to convert to leave the score 18-4 to Trinity.

Barrow worked hard for further points, but it was the home side who added to their tally when a forceful drive saw Atoni over the line for Jowitt to convert which made it 24-4 to the hosts.

Raiders refused to throw in the towel and came back with a fine try engineered by Johnston, Max Clarke and Shane Toal to send Anderson-Moore in for his second try, which Shaw converted.

With time running out Harry Smith found a gap to cross and Jowitt rounded off the scoring with the goal.

Barrow: Creswell, Shaw, Costello, S Toal, Anderson-Moore, B Walker, Johnston, T Walker, Wood, Silva, Emslie, Clarke, Wilkinson. Subs: Makin, Bedward, Burke, Smith.