The Paul Wilson Memorial Trophy took centre stage at the weekend with plenty of drama and goals and a couple of surprise results thrown in it was a true cup weekend.

Millom reserves made the trip to Newby Terrace to play Barrow Celtic and came away with a 3-1 win, with Andrew Woodburn (2) and Matty Pachul their marksmen and Matty France replying for Celtic.

Croftlands Park won a five-goal thriller 3-2 at Barrow Wanderers, with Matt Dean (2) and Chris Ivison their heroes. Mohamed Soliman and Dan Turner scored for Wanderers.

Bridge United lost 4-0 at home to Swarthmoor, for whom Tyler Spence, Luis Wagstaff, Will Guy and Charlie Price was all on target. Hawcoat Park reserves beat Britannia 2-1, with Carl Pearson and Sam Jefferson on target and Danny Keenan replying for the Brit.

Coniston and Walney Island reserves drew 1-1 in 90 minutes before Coniston won 7-6 on penalties. However, that doesn’t quite tell the full story as each team took 13 penalties with Walney having four opportunities to win the tie.

Haverigg United hammered Ulverston Rangers reserves 8-2 at Wilson Park thanks to goals from John Chmiel (3), Jamie Cairns (3) Luke Chmiel and Anthony Foster.

Soccer Bar lost 2-0 at home to Kirkby United, Paul Cleasby and Matty Bruce providing safe passage for Kirkby.

Vickerstown reserves are also into the next round after a 3-2 win against Bootle in a fixture that was switched to Bootle's Millholme ground. Graham Hartley and Will Singleton scored for Bootle but a Max Green double and Brody Luxon proved enough for Vickerstown to seal the win.

In Division One of the Furness Premier League, Croftlands Park reserves beat Furness Rovers reserves 4-3, with Andy Currie, Kaine Ryan, Michael Purves and Tom Woodend on target, while Ash Allenby, Dan McCann and Steve McAllister replied for Rovers.

Crooklands reserves beat Kirkby United reserves 2-1, while Christian Scott scored for Hawcoat Park A in their 1-1 draw with Askam United reserves. Swarthmoor reserves beat Millom A 2-1 thanks to goals from Reece Rigg and Kieron Graham.

In Division Two, Holker A thrashed Furness Rovers A 9-1, as Conor Erdis bagged a hat trick, while Spencer Erdis and Charley Thompson knocked in two goals apiece.