Upper Eden avenged the narrow defeat they suffered in the reverse fixture in Barrow last October with a convincing victory.

Three late cry offs in key positions meant further reorganisation with the returning Danny White and Mike Lightfoot both taking knocks and struggling through the first half before leaving the action at half time.

Hawcoat Park were no match for a young well organised mobile Upper Eden side who play the game at pace and obviously train together as a collective unit.

Park's best sustained spell of pressure came in the first 10 mins or so as they took advantage of the wind and a couple of consecutive penalties.

Second row Corey Doughty took the ball up well, as did Danny White out in the centres but the Eden defence remained solid.

Rory Sayle did well in the loose and battled in the line outs with limited other options to turn to.

After absorbing the pressure Eden slowly got their game together with the mobile pack all knowing their roles and then moving the ball quickly through hands to stretch play at every opportunity.

Winger Rodney Odondi made a good covering tackle but slowly but surely Eden went through the phases and camped in Park's 22.

On 15 minutes, livewire scrum half Matt Bass spotted a gap in Park's defence at a maul to dart over near the posts.

Not long after the ball was moved out wide for pacey winger Sam Edgar to score.

The momentum in the game looked as if the scoreboard was going to tick round, however, Park stuck to the task and solid defence just about prevented any further score during the first half.

With stretched resources and against the wind, the second half was a very difficult task, with Park constantly on the back foot and not getting enough possession.

Winger Luke Harrison almost bagged himself a try, but just as it looked certain Eden centre Will Birbeck got back to make a last ditch tackle.

Five further Eden tries came at regular intervals, all converted to make the final score 47- 0.

Well done to all the lads who travelled for this difficult task against a good Eden side who play the game in the right way and smell blood once they get on top of the opposition.A special mention for evergreen Col Niven who with all the disruptions had to start and play most the game in the front row and then for young Harry Higgins who worked hard all game and then put his hands up to go in at prop towards the end certainly not his preferred position.

A welcome home game against Silloth awaits this weekend.