Vickerstown are in for a tough second half of the season in the Premier Division of the West Lancashire League after a 4-2 home defeat against Poulton last Saturday left them in the relegation places.

Jackson Round and Kyle Delves were on target for Dave Round's men, but the side from Park Vale are now three points adrift of safety ahead of this week's home game against Hurst Green.

Askam United picked up a handy three points at home to second-placed Stoneclough, as Jordan Rayner scored what turned out to be the match winner on the half-hour mark.

Millom sit third in the table and could have closed the gap to Stoneclough further, only for them to draw 3-3 at home to Hesketh Bank.

Theo Wilson and Danny Pattinson put Millom 2-1 up, but they fell 3-2 behind before the evergreen Carl Waters showed why he has been one of the area's best finishers in recent years and he popped up with a last-minute equaliser.

Hakan McCracken was on target for Hawcoat Park in their 1-1 draw at Kendal County.

Nath Shaw had an eventful day for Furness Cavaliers in their Second Division fixture at home to Mill Hill St Peters. Shaw found the net twice before being sent off in a game that Cavs held on to win 2-1.

Jack Stoker scored for Furness Rovers in Josh Jones' first game in the management hot seat, but they fell to a 4-1 defeat to lowly Burscough Dynamo.

Holker Old Boys suffered a heavy 6-2 home defeat at the hands of high-flying AFC Blackpool in the North West Counties League. The afternoon started well for the Rakesmoor Lane outfit when Gareth Smith found the net after only six minutes. but that’s as good as it got as Ben Fishwick was in mean form, scoring four of Blackpool’s goals. Tom Dawson scored a late consolation for Holker.

In the first round of the Horne Cup, Crooklands Casuals reserves beat Swarthmoor Social reserves 4-3 in a seven-goal thriller.

Robin Oldfield, Ben Moncrief and Terry Anderson (2) scored for Cassies, but it was last-minute stand-in goalkeeper Josh Dodd who stole the headlines by saving a penalty.

Bridge United progressed thanks to a 5-0 thumping of Furness Rovers A, Tom Bradshaw, Nath Chapples, Scott Phizacklea, Kamir Dere and James Phizacklea their scorers.

Hawcoat Park A are also in the next round thanks to a 3-0 win against Millom A, as Carl Mackay's double and an own goal allowed them to ease through.

Kirkby United reserves lost 5-1 at home to Askam United reserves in Division One of the Furness Premier League

One game took place in the Second Division as Haverigg United reserves beat Britannia reserves 4-1. Josh Shaw, Jake Batty, Craig Armstrong, and an own goal made up the Haverigg score, while Thom Oakes replied for Britannia.