There was nothing to separate Askam United and Millom, as they drew 1-1 at Duddon Road in Division One of the West Lancashire League last Saturday.

Callum Rayner put the hosts ahead but a Jordan Williams strike in the last ten minutes levelled matters and the points were shared in a match that came just days after the resignation of Millom boss Andrew Marshall. Both teams remain in a tightly-contested top six in the league ladder.

Hawcoat Park and Ulverston Rangers also shared the points following a 2-2 draw at Hawcoat Park. Carl Pearson and Hakan McCracken were on target for the home side, while Matt Lawler and Chris Bolton replied for Ulverston.

Crooklands Casuals lost 4-0 at third-placed Wyre Villa, while life in the Premier Division doesn’t get any easier for Vickerstown as they suffered another loss that kept them in the relegation zone.

Jack Litherland scored as they went down 2-1 at CMB, although Vickerstown do have games in hand on the teams above them.

In Division Two, Walney Island got back to winning ways at Dalton United with a 5-1 victory. Walney took the lead thanks to a Zach Walker goal and a Will Boulton 20-yard curler put the visitors 2-0 up in a half they dominated.

Dalton found the net early in the second half thanks to a Gareth Jones header and they looked like finding an equaliser until Matt Lockley gave the Islanders breathing space. James Bailey then scored two late goals to give the score line a lop-sided look.

Holker Old Boys' trip to Nelson in the North West Counties League came to an early end when floodlight failure meant the game couldn’t carry on. Holker were trailing 2-1 at the time through a Tom Dawson goal but will now have to make another trip back to Nelson later on in the season.

In the only Furness Senior Cup first round game remaining, Swarthmoor Social lost 6-3 to higher league opponents Furness Rovers. Swarthmoor came back from 2-0 and 3-2 down to level matters but Rovers finished the stronger of the teams and booked their spot in the quarter finals.

Luis Wagstaff, Ben Dryden and Graham Wilcox were the Swarthmoor scorers, while Joe Tindale (2), Rob While, Ryan Fagan, Liam Shields and Richie Sandham were on target for Rovers in a game excellently officiated by Steve Livingston.

Coniston carried on their goal scoring feats and relentless quest for the Second Division title in the Furness Premier League with a thumping 10-4 win against Furness Rovers A.

Callum Bircher scored five goals and was well supported by Jack Harris (3), Andrew Warne and Jason Grave. Veteran Steve Crompton grabbed two for Rovers, Trainor and Archer also on target.

Millom St James are up to fourth in the table following a 2-1 win against Britannia reserves. Mark O’Brien scored both the Millom goals, while Joe Loughlin replied for the Brit.