Division Two Dalton United are in the hat for the second round of the Lancashire Shield after beating Premier Division outfit Burscough Richmond on penalties at Railway Meadow after the scores were tied at 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Gareth Jones scored for Dalton early in the second half before Burscough equalised, but Phil Riggs' men progressed after scoring all of their penalties.

Millom are also through after beating Crooklands Casuals 4-0, with their goals coming from Joel Barker, Jamie Pattinson, Joe Murray and Theo Dreghorn..

Hawcoat Park bowed out at the first hurdle by losing 5-1 at Thornton Cleveleys, Hacken McCracken scoring their consolation.

Askam United are also out losing 2-1 at home to Hindsford, while Vickerstown’s game away at Winstanley was inexplicably called off for a waterlogged pitch.

Holker Old Boys are out of the Playermatch.com Cup after going down 3-0 to AFC Blackpool at Rakesmoor Lane.

West Lancashire League Division One action saw Ulverston Rangers pick up maximum points with a 5-1 home win against Croston Sports, Andy Whiteford (2) Sean Mooney, James Pinnegor and Zach Milby their scorers.

In Division Two, Furness Cavaliers had an excellent 4-2 home win over Freckleton. Cavs were 4-0 up through two Gareth Killip strikes and goals from Callum Lamb and Nath Shaw before the visitors scored twice late on.

Furness Rovers drew 4-4 at Garstang reserves in an entertaining game at the Riverside. Garstang went 1-0 up but goals from Ryan Fagan and Joe Tindale put the visitors 2-1 ahead.

Garstang equalised but Fagan struck again for 3-2 and although Rovers were again pegged back to 3-3, a goal in the 80th minute by Stalker looked to have sealed the win, only for Garstang to equalise yet again. The hosts then had a chance to steal the win but Rovers ‘keeper saved their late penalty.

Walney Island got back to winning ways as they beat bottom side Burscough Dynamo 8-0 on Tummerhill. James Bailey helped himself to four goals in the first half and in the second half Zach Walker marked his return from an injury lay off by bagging a hat-trick.

Veteran Stu Walker was introduced with time running out but showed he still knows where the net is by scoring a rare header in the last minute.

Brittania reserves sit top of Division Two of the Furness Premier League with two wins from two as they beat Walney Island 2-1.

Keenan Crossman and Thomas Oakes scored for The Britt, while Jon Harding celebrated the start of his 23rd season with Walney by scoring their goal