Walney Island made it seven wins from seven in Division Two of the West Lancashire League last Saturday, as they hammered Charnock Richard reserves 5-1 at a sun-drenched Tummerhill.

The home side were out of the traps the quickest and after only five minutes Kieran Sollaway pounced on a defensive mistake to casually chip the Charnock ‘keeper for a 1-0 lead.

Charnock tried to play their way out of trouble but couldn’t handle the quick breaks from the Walney front line and after 15 minutes, Matt Lockley got on the end of a great Chris Malone pass to fire home an unstoppable shot.

James Bailey then made it 3-0 on the half-hour mark with a sweet right foot volley. Charnock had chances themselves, but some smart glove work from Jordan Belcher kept the visitors at bay.

In the second half, Bailey grabbed his second with another volley, this time with his left foot and Lockley, who ran the visiting defence ragged, also bagged himself a brace to make it 5-0.

Charnock scored with only minutes left on the clock but there was still time for their goalscorer and Walney right-back Mattie McKee to see red after the most innocuous of coming togethers.

Elsewhere in the division, Furness Rovers bounced back from a midweek defeat by beating Longridge Town reserves 3-1, with Jack Stoker, Rob While and Dan Craig on target for them.

Dalton United lost 5-3 at Storeys, with Robbie McMurdo (2) and Rhys Forbes their marksmen during what was a thrilling game.

In the Premier Division, Vickerstown visited table toppers Poulton and came away with a hard-earned point after Jackson Round scored twice in a 2-2 draw.

Lee Irving and Jordan Rayner were amongst the scorers as Askam United drew 3-3 at home to Croston in Division One.

Crooklands Casuals were on the wrong end of an 8-1 scoreline at Haslingden St Marys, with Josh Dodd scoring in vain for Cassies.

Millom drew 2-2 away at Hesketh Bank, as Theo Dreghorn and Theo Wilson hit the target. Ulverston Rangers lost 5-1 at Horwich St Marys, Andy Whiteford claiming their goal.

Hawcoat Park also lost on the road, as they went down 2-1 at Stoneclough. Carl Mackay scored in the 80th minute to get Hawcoat back in the game but it wasn’t enough.

Holker Old Boys are now unbeaten in their last four games in the North West Counties League following a 3-3 draw at home to Ashton Town.

Brandon Collins put Holker ahead but they went in at half time 2-1 behind before Ben Wright hit a quickfire double to put Holker 3-2 up. However, a late Ashton goal saw the points shared.