Dalton retained the Harry Warman Cup and completed a Barrow and District treble with a 21-6 win (21-8 aggregate) over Millom A in the final at Craven Park on Wednesday night

It was a good all-round game with the Kelland Park side pushed all they way by a determined Woolybacks outfit.

Both team played it fast and strong on a sun-baked evening at the home of Barrow Raiders and Dalton just had the edge with Ryan Baines and Harry Gordon leading the way.

Dalton attacked from the first whistle and almost took an early lead when Baines and Evan Jones took play deep, but a return ball from Jones to Baines went to ground.

Euan Costa did cross minutes later for Dalton but a forward pass was ruled in the build up. Millom's first raid saw Astin Mossop break downfield but his pass to Jordan Moyes didn't make contact.

Dalton finally broke the ice on 11 minutes when swift handling from Harry Gordon and Elliott Stockdale paved the way for Harri Brown to score out wide, 4-0.

Millom then applied pressure with good work from Kyle Evans and Owen Myers before a stab through from Henry Robinson was booted dead.

The Woolybacks found themselves ahead, though, after Dalton were penalised for a high tackle. Callum Lamont drove for the line from where Moyes dummied his way through for Lee Postlethwaite to convert for a 6-4 lead.

Dalton soon responded when after Jack Gordon had gone close, brother Harry nipped through a gap to dot the ball down, Baines adding the goal for 10-6.

With the half time whistle imminent, Dalton were awarded a penalty, but Baines sent his kick wide of the target.

Dalton applied the early second half pressure with good defensive work forcing Brown to lose the ball two yards out.

Charlie Emslie further lifted the Woolybacks with a fine 45-yard break but the cover was on hand to avert further danger.

However, it was at the other end points where went on the board when Baines went in by the posts and also tagged on the goal to extend Dalton's lead to 16-6.

Brown soon added to the total when he stretched over in the corner. Millom never gave up the chase but a Gordon drop goal made the task harder and Dalton comfortably saw out victory.