Holker Old Boys pulled off their own version of the great escape after a 5-0 demolition job of AFC Blackpool on Monday confirmed their North West Counties League status for next season.

Holker lost their first nine league games of the season, but made steady progress through the remainder of the season under the stewardship of Paul Southward and Kev Watkin.

A run of four defeats going in to the Easter Weekend left Holker with a firm target of six points from the two games to achieve survival and they backed up Saturdays 3-0 win over Chadderton with a thumping victory.

JP Stanway was again the hero and he had Holker 2-0 up inside the first five minutes. He completed his hat trick just after half time with Brad Hubbold helping himself to a brace.

Holker could still have a say in where the First Division North title will end up this season as they travel to Longridge, who need to win to have any hope of clinching first place.

Vickerstown were another side getting back to winning ways, as they dispatched Blackpool Wren Rovers 5-0 with goals coming from Ryan Rodgers, Jackson Round, Phil Cubin, the experienced Rob Bruce, plus and own goal.

Dalton United played their last game under the management of Andrew Marshall and they signed off with a 3-1 win over local rivals Furness Rovers, who were 1-0 up at the break through an own goal. Dalton hit back in the second half with Robbie McMurdo (2) and Gareth Jones getting on the scoresheet.

That result meant Dalton are up to third in the table but can be caught by Walney Island, who have two league games left as well as two finals on the horizon.

Barrow Wanderers, on the back of clinching the First Division of the Furness Premier League, are also into the semi finals of the Horne Cup following a 6-0 win against Walney A. Jordan Wallace bagged four, Dan Turner and Scott McDonald a goal each.

Holker Old Boys A lie in wait in the last four after they defeated Kirkby United reserves 4-0. Sam Lightfoot and Josh Jones helped themselves to two goals apiece.

Two other quarter finals took place and it’s Millom A who will face Bridge United in the other semi-final after both teams came through high-scoring encounters.

Millom saw off the challenge of Ulverston Rangers reserves 4-3, with Carl Waters (2) Theo Wilson and Mark O’Brien on target for Millom. Chris Bolton, Stu Smith and Kieran Graham replied.

Bridge beat Hawcoat Park A 5-3, with Reece Craig (2) Sam Davies, Hayden Skyrme and Marcus Robinson their marksmen. Matthew Hackett (2) and Mike Wilkes replied for Hawcoat.