THE second Barton Townley Cup semi-final at Craven Park will see Ulverston taking on Barrow Island (kick-off 3.30pm).

The Dragley Beck side will not risk Liam High who has a hamstring injury, while Dan Akred is unavailable.

After taking in Wednesdays A-team fixture, Ulverston coach Dennis Porter was to finalise his 17-man squad for tomorrow's contest..

Porter said: “All the lads can't wait, we even had lads that have come along and put their hands up to play they are so keen.

"We know we are up against a good Island side, but the lads have done pretty well so far this season (in the North West Men's League).

"It would be good for the club to get through and Craven Park should suit us as we like to play fast, open rugby.

"Both teams have quality and many have played for the Furness Raiders together so it will be an interesting game.

"We have a solid set of forwards, but they like to get the backs involved and we have the speed to get around Craven Park.

"It looks like it will be a hot day so I'll be taking sun cream down for one or two of our red-haired players. It should be a good atmosphere, as it usually is for this cup competition.”

Island are without influential half back Adam Jackson, who is attending international trials, but welcome Blain Marwood an ideal replacement.

Other unavailable are Josh Banham, Joe Spencely and Matt Parkinson, while Ben Garner – two try hero last weekend in the win over Shaw Cross in National Conference League Division Two – is rested.

Coming back in contention along with Marwood are Joe Mallinson, Matt Sayle and Hawcoat Park Rugby Union centre Chris Burns.

Island coach Joe Elliott said: “We need this cup back home; I have been here for the last six years and have not won the trophy.

"We will be very wary of Ulverston, who will be well up for it, but we have to do what we do best.

"If we don't, they will blow us apart as Walney did in last season's semi.”

Island are through to the semi-finals of the Frank Reid Trophy too after defeating rivals Walney Central 36-22 on Wednesday evening. The other match of the night saw Askam beat Hindpool Tigers 62-16.