KIRKBY United reserves are champions of Furness Premier League Division Two following their win over Millom St James midweek.

The Monday night game saw Kirkby’s second string run out 3-0, with Matty Bruce, Josh English and Reece Petersen the men on target.

Those three points, coupled with Ulverston Rangers reserves’ 1-1 draw at Britannia reserves, meant the title was secured with two games remaining.

Kirkby have had a fantastic season, only suffering one league defeat in their18 games so far.

Down at Redwaters, Ben Dixon scored for The Brit while Aron Beardsworth found the net for Rangers, who need two points from their remaining two games to mathematically tie up the runners-up spot.

Holker Old Boys A could still pinch second place, however, and they did their chances of doing so no harm with a 2-0 win against Coniston reserves. Joe Bradbury and Thomas Park were the Holker scorers.

Barrow Wanderers are two points away from clinching the Division One title and, with three games remaining, they look hot favourites.

A 4-3 win on Monday night against Hawcoat Park A team puts them on the brink and they had Dan Turner (2), Sam Johnson and Ross Shields to thank as they all found the net. Jack Milburn, Callum Muncaster and Ronnie Neale scored for Hawcaot A.

Hat-tricks from Joseph Braund Smith and Ben Phizacklea helped Crooklands Casuals reserves to a 6-1 win over Barrow Celtic reserves. Rob Johnson scored Celtic’s consolation.

Walney Island have made it to the final of the Furness Senior Cup for the second year running following their 4-0 win over Vickerstown reserves at Rakesmoor Lane.

Zach Walker (2), Matt Lockley and Josh Gay were all on target for Steve McCullough’s side who now face higher-level Ulverston on Monday, April 29 at Holker Street.

Furness Cavaliers need two wins from their last two games to have any chance of surviving in the FPL Premier League and their 7-3 loss against Swarthmoor Social did not help their quest.

Jamie Wright, Robbie Bell and 16-year-old Ethan Broadfoot scored for Cavs, but Swarthmoor were in good form and Joe Wilkinson (3), Graham Wilcox, Joe Price and a brace from Charlie Price made sure of the points in a game well refereed by Liam Oliver.

Dalton United reserves beat Walney reserves 4-3 in a game which saw Dalton’s Mike Otto hang up his boots after years of loyal service for them and Hawcoat Park (formerly Vickers SC).