IT will be an all-Barrow area final in the West Lancashire League Challenge Cup after Furness Cavaliers and Walney Island triumphed in their respective semis.

Furness were up against Dalton United in a derby clash at Crooklands Casuals' Longlands Park and it was the latter who took the lead through Robbie McMurdo.

However, two strikes in the 51st and 80th minutes from Sam Graham sent Cavs through to the final, where they will face the Islanders.

Walney overcame Kendal United 5-0 on a superb playing surface at the neutral venue of Ulverston Rangers.

James Bailey (2) Zach Walker (2) and Kieran Solloway put Walney five up before half time against a Kendal side which had been reduced to 10 men and never really recovered.

Two Furness Senior Cup quarter-finals were completed at the weekend and one upset saw Vickerstown reserves come from 3-1 down at West Lancs League Division One Outfit Askam United with only 10 minutes left on the clock to beat them 4-3.

Max Green, Andy Higginson, Jack Litherland and Danny Douglas were the scorers for Vickerstown's second string.

Ulverston and Crooklands drew 2-2, but it was Rangers who came back to win on spot kicks and book their place in the semi-finals.

There were two upsets in the other area cup competitions as Furness Premier League Division One teams beat Premier League outfits.

In the Junior Cup, Hawcoat A beat Dalton United reserves 3-2 thanks to a hat-trick from Tom Stanwix and in the Paul Wilson Memorial Trophy, Furness Rovers reserves progressed at the expense of a youthful Furness Cavaliers reserves.

John Renton, Ash Allenby and Ryan Fagan were on target in a 3-2 win. Rob Sneesby and Tom Jackson replied for Cavs.

Elsewhere in the same competition, Barrow Wanderers reserves defeated Askam reserves 5-2, with Steve Burns (2) Craig Mcilvogue (2) and Harry Speirs their marksmen.

Swarthmoor Social reserves are also through following a 3-1 win at Bridge United. Billy Mansell, Tyler Spence and Luis Wagstaff all got one apiece for Swarthmoor.

The biggest upset of the day, however, saw Division Two high-flyers Ulverston reserves defeat Premier League side Britannia 3-2.

Britannia were masters of their own downfall as they were reduced to nine men after only 15 minutes.

Ulverston took advantage with Stu Smith (2) and Luke McCracken their scorers. Sean Darby and an own goal made up Brit’s tally.