BARROW Raiders ended another trip to Toulouse Olympique on the wrong end of a French masterclass as more injuries made their task even more daunting.

The game ended with the visitors reduced to 11 men as the home side made hay in the early spring sun, racking up a 50-0 win. That is now 90 unanswered points scored by the flamboyant French in their last 120 minute.

As Raiders coach Paul Crarey bemoaned his team's difficult trip over, he had no complaints with the result or the way his side capitulated against a classy French outfit looking odds-on to finish in the top five. This was not pretty for the Raiders or their loyal fans as full-time Toulouse showed their class and fitness.

The Raiders did okay in the opening exchanges, but the home side opened the scoring as Brenden Santi broke from halfway with academy hopeful Mathieu Jussaume, in for the rested Rhys Curran, in support and the nifty Gavin Marguerite spotting the gap through the middle to score under the posts. Mark Kheirallah made the easy kick.

From the restart, Toulouse were in again as Con Mika broke from halfway with Jonno Ford taking over, dummying a few times over a 20-metre burst before throwing it long out left to Bastien Ader 15 metres out to run to the line close to the corner. Kheirallah again obliged.

Barrow settled down after the double shock but lost Jono Smith to a facial injury on the quarter hour. Crarey shuffled his pack and they created some half-chances as Wartuvo Puaro looked lively with support from Jarrad Stack and others. More woes followed for the visitors on the half-hour as Ryan Johnston limped off.

Toulouse stretched their lead five minutes before the break after fluid cross field movement right to left started by Stan Robin and ended after Maurel dinked to the in-goal area for Ader pounce.

Any ideas the Cumbrians had of getting back into the match were soon dashed in a busy four minute burst after the interval as Maurel racked up a quickfire brace.

The visitors regrouped and responded well, helped by successive penalties conceded by Toulouse. Excellent movement from the lively Nathan Mossop, with good support from Jake Carter and Danny Morrow was eventually snuffed out close to the line. Raider's attacks were few and far between, however, as Toulouse dominated.

Stack saw yellow on 54 minutes for Barrow after showing dissent and Anthony Marion scrambled over just after from dummy-half, with Kheirallah converting before being subbed.

Barrow suffered another blow when Stack returned as Stargroth Amean left the field with a head injury and just after Carter took a nasty knock but carried on. With the Raiders down to 12 again it was no surprise when the hosts added more points with Marion scoring under the post on 69 minutes with Barthau converting.

The final 10 minutes saw the Raiders end the game with 11 players as Toulouse hit the half-century with late tries from hat-trick man Ader and Joe Bretherton.

Toulouse Olympique: Mark Kheirallah; Gavin Maguerite, Bastien Ader, Mathieu Jussaume, Tony Maurel; Johnathan Ford, Stan Robin; Ben Evans, Dean Parata, Clement Boyer, Con Mika, Joe Bretherton, Brendan Santi. Interchange: Anthony Marion, Tyla Hepi, Maxime Puech, William Barthau.

Barrow Raiders: Luke Cresswell; Star Amean, Jarrad Stack, Jake Spedding, Deon Cross; Ryan Johnston, Lewis Charnock; Josh Johnson, Wartovu Puara, Jordan Walne, Jono Smith, Danny Morrow, Bradd Crellin. Interchange: Tom Walker, Willie Minoga, Nathan Mossop, Jake Carter.

Referee: Cameron Worsley.

Sin-bin: Barrow Raiders – Jarrad Stack (dissent, 54).

Attendance: 1,388.

Playback : 12 – Maguerite try, Kheirallah conv (6-0); 14 – Ader try, Kheirallah conv (12-0); 35 – Ader try (16-0); 42 – Maurel try (20-0); 44 – Maurel try (24-0); 55 – Marion try, Kheirallah conv (30-0); 57 – Jussaume try, Kheirallah conv (36-0); 69 – Marion try, Barthau conv (42-0); 74 – Ader try (46-0); 77 – Bretherton try (50-0).

Raiders star man: Jarrad Stack.