DALTON moved into the semi-finals of the Barton Townley Cup with an emphatic 52-6 victory over Hindpool at Kelland Park.

The home side were in control throughout, with half backs Ryan Baines and Harry Gordon dictating play. It was Gordon who put the first points on the board when he prised open a gap to race through and dot down, Joe Carter tagged on the goal, and Dalton were up and running.

Winger Sam Purslow went close on two occasions before Gordon again prised open a gap to touch down, followed by Joe Crarey adding the goal.

It was all Dalton as they increased their lead with several players handling for Purslow to go in at the corner.

Hindpool were finding it tough to get into Dalton territory and went further behind with Baines feeding Harri Brown to score. The half closed with Crarey breaking through for Purslow to add a second try and make it 24-0.

Seven minutes into the second half, Evan Jones dotted down for Crarey to convert and put Dalton 30 points clear, which turned into 36 when swift play from Tyler Batty and Jones paved the way for try of the match from Jack Stephenson. Crarey added the extras.

Five men then swept up field for Elliott Stockdale to cross the whitewash, with Crarey’s conversion making it 42-0 on the hour.

Hindpool came back with some good defensive work, while Grant Burns tried hard to set up raids and they opened their account when Tony Rickleton forced his way over, followed by Connor Goodings adding a touchline goal.

However, Dalton bounced back with late tries from Stephenson and Purslow, who completed his hat-trick, along with Crarey adding one goal.

Elsewhere, Walney Central moved into round two of the BARLA National Cup with a 52-4 win at Wakefield side Kinsley Hotel Rangers where they played in 50mph winds on a hillside pitch.

Playing up the slope, Cents went ahead when skipper Jamie Morrow finished off good work from Dec Gavin and Matty Holmes, with Dave Nicholson converting.

The Cents then found themselves defending for long periods against a big Kinlsey outfit who went in for an unconverted try.

But then Holmes and Morrow combined for Mike Elliott to race over, with Nicholson adding the kick to make it 12-4 at the break.

With the hill now in their favour, Cents stepped up a gear as Nicholson and George Nichols paved the way for Ethan Furness to score, with Nicholson again converting.

Morrow’s midfield bursts led to a second try goaled by Nicholson. Holmes then crashed over for Nicholson to convert and then the try of the game saw Jack Rushton tear downfield, rounding defenders to stab the ball forward for Elliott Bibby to slide over, Nicholson again converted.

Jamie Ralph danced through the cover to score, Nicholson added the goal before touching down himself, only to fail to convert, and Jordan Staffieri went over followed by Nicholson converting.