TEAM-MATES JP Stanway and Tyler Wood fired Holker Old Boys to a magnificent win on the road at high-flying AFC Liverpool in North West Counties League First Division North.

Stanway put the visitors ahead after just two minutes and Wood added their second in the 27th minute with AFC Liverpool replying eight minutes into the second half.

However, Holker held on to take all three points and although they remain in the bottom two, it is only on points difference from Daisy Hill.

Vickerstown’s Lancashire Amateur Shield dream will have to wait another year as they were knocked out at the quarter-final stage by Slyne with Hest.

Dave Round’s men, who have been in excellent form lately, lost 3-2 with experienced strikers Rob Bruce and Danny Keenan finding the net.

Elsewhere, it was a cup weekend to forget for the majority of the area’s sides.

In the West Lancashire League Presidents Cup, Crooklands Casuals let a two goal lead slip and ended up losing 3-2 to a last-minute winner for CMB.

Hawcoat Park lost 2-0 at home to Division One bottom side Wyre Villa, who have been busy in the transfer market in recent weeks, and Millom also went out at the first hurdle losing 3-0 away at Lytham Town.

Challenge Cup action at Rampside Road saw Furness Cavaliers come from 1-0 down against Charnock Richard reserves to level the game with only minutes remaining through Joe Blackshaw and they then went on to book their spot in the next round after a 4-3 triumph on penalties.

Dalton United are through too after a 1-0 win in the derby clash with Furness Rovers, which saw Scott McCabe get the winning goal.

Walney Island joined them as well after a stunning performance from Matt Lockley which saw him bag a hat trick in their 7-0 win. James Bailey (2) Will Boulton and Kieran Sollaway were also on target.

The derby in Division One between Ulverston Rangers and Askam United ended with honours even after an action-packed 3-3 draw.

Rangers had their goalkeeper sent off in the opening minutes of the game and Askam were quick to capitalise as Callum Rayner and Kyle Jefferson put them 2-0 ahead after 15 minutes.

Ulverston rallied before half time and Jack Gardner struck twice in two minutes to level the game.

With 10 minutes left, they took the lead through James Pinnegor, but Askam dragged themselves off the canvas to equalise through Luke Reid.