A JILTED lover who was dumped just before Valentine’s Day bombarded his ex with vile messages, emails and videos, saying he hoped she got raped and threatened to trash her pal’s grave. 

Daryl James Campion also said he would starve himself unless she came back to him and threatened her new boyfriend in more than 300 Facebook messages he sent to them both.

Mr Andrew Travis, prosecuting, told the hearing at Furness Magistrates' Court that the defendant had been in a relationship with Miley Farish for 14 months and she ended it a week before Valentine's Day.

He added: "Since then he has sent her hundreds of messages on Facebook and 28 emails from four different accounts. He has threatened to harm himself, that he would stop eating and asking her to take him back. He also made videos of him damaging gifts he had been bought by her mother and told her to 'go and get raped.' He also said he  was glad her friend Heather had died and he was going to smash up her grave. He told her another time he would stop eating and she would have blood on her hands.

"He then started sending her new boyfriend messages on social media."

Mr Travis said these contained threats of violence and said that his ex was only with him for money and sex.

Mr Travis added: "Her new boyfriend Adam Fearon  said the messages had upset him and made him feel sick.

"When arrested by police he admitted he had became very angry over what happened. He said he had sent about 200 messages to Miss Farish and 28 emails and about 100 messages to Mr Fearon.

"He is a man of previous good character."

Mr Andrew Gibson, defending, said: "As you heard Mr Campion has not been in trouble before and pleaded guilty at the first opportunity.

"He realises he made an absolute idiot of himself. He is in a new relationship and is very happy now. He regrets what he did and wants to move on with his life and get this out of the way."

Magistrates said his actions caused "serious distress to two victims" and intended to cause them "upset and outrage on numerous occasions."

They ordered him to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work in the community and told him to pay £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge.

Campion, of Aberdare Street, Barrow Island,  was also put under a two-year restraining order and must not contact the two victims for one year in any way, including social media.