TWO contractors were hospitalised carrying out 'energy-saving work' at Morrisons in Barrow

A contractor working in an electrical supply room had suffered an electrical burn and was assisted from the building by firefighters and paramedics on the scene and taken to hospital, Cumbria Fire and Rescue said.

Another was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure. The crew made the area safe and ventilated smoke from the room. 

Crews from Barrow and Walney attended the superstore on The Strand at 10.39pm on Sunday.

The store currently has no power and has been shut since Monday.

A Morrisons spokesperson said: "Unfortunately, an engineer was injured while completing energy-saving work on Monday in our Barrow store. The store is currently closed due to no power within the building. We are working with all relevant authorities to reopen as soon as possible."

There is no confirmed date yet for reopening.