KENDAL and Netherfield clashed in the semi-finals of the 40 over cup in their latest match.

The match ended with a 60-run victory for Kendal over the derby rivals Netherfield at Parkside Road.

Indian Club Professional Rongsen Jonathan played a leading role with bat and ball after his first innings knock of 104 off 106 balls saw Kendal post an imposing total of 219-8 before his return of 4-29 saw Netherfield bowled out for 159.

Kuldeep Singh also impressed after he picked up figures of 4-21 on a good afternoon for Chris Millers team who will now play a home semi-final against Blackpool in August.

Kendal who won the toss and elected to bat made a bad start after Harry Lee picked out Ben Barrow off the bowling of Matt Jackson before Louis Backhouse saw off Darren Nightingale who was caught by Samuel Medhurst.

Rongsen Jonathan and Oliver Tyson began to frustrate Netherfield after pushing Kendal ahead onto 149.

The third wicket partnership proved critical for Kendal, while Netherfield were left to rue a couple of missed opportunities in the field where both the Indian Professional and Oliver Tyson were dropped.

Netherfield eventually made the breakthrough when Lee Hogg ran out Oliver Tyson who departed for 47, before Sagar Udeshi trapped Sam Fletcher LBW. Kendal Captain Chris Miller became the next wicket to fall after he was bowled by Matt Jackson while the Auld Greys were on 166-5.

Matt Jackson finished with figures of 3-49 when he saw off Kuldeep Singh who was caught by Louis Backhouse, before Rongsen Jonathan reached his second century of the season after Kendal scored 200 runs.

Dan Bernet claimed the wickets of both Joseph Dodd’s and Rongsen Jonathan who departed for 104, while both Paul Dodd’s and Toby Tyson saw out the last over while Kendal closed on 219-8.

Netherfield toiled during the early stages of the first innings after Kuldeep Singh bowled Aaron Stephens before Toby Tyson trapped Ben Barrow LBW.Brad Earl attempted to rebuild Netherfield’s innings following his quick-fire knock of 45 off 50 balls, however he eventually departed after his misjudged hit for six was caught by Matthew Park near the boundary off the bowling of Kuldeep Singh.

Kendal buoyed by the departure of Earl began to take control after Singh picked up two quick wickets where he bowled Lee Hogg before seeing off Sagar Udeshi who was caught by Chris Miller.

The Auld Greys continued to turn the screw on Netherfield when Rongsen Jonathan picked up the wicket of Dan Bernet who was caught by Paul Dodds before Chris Miller saw off Reece Irving.

Rongsen Jonathan finished the game off after he claimed three quick wickets dismissing Louis Backhouse, Oli Wileman and Matt Jackson while Netherfield were bowled out for 159 off 35 overs.

On Saturday Kendal picked up a much-needed win in their battle to avoid relegation after they defeated St Anne’s by 2 wickets at Shap Road.

Chris Millers first innings return of 4-26 and Toby Tyson’s 3-55 saw St Anne’s bowled out for 156, however St Anne’s recovered from a perilous position of 27-4 with after Nathan Bolus scored 53 off 81 balls.

In reply Kendal recovered from a perilous position of 62-5, thanks to Sam Fletchers knock of 34 and Chris Millers 32.

Despite Lukman Vahaluwalas return of 5-37, Kendal edged to victory where Kuldeep Singh posted an undefeated 17 off 13, while Oliver Yarkers resistant knock of 10 off 18 balls proved crucial as Kendal closed on 158-8 off 46.1 overs.

Kendal host Chorley on Saturday.