Barrow Raiders 18 - 43 Halifax Panthers

Barrow Raiders crashed to a hefty defeat at the hands of Halifax Panthers before Premier Sports cameras at Craven Park.

The home side conceded more than forty points for the second time against Halifax who remain in fifth place in the Championship.

Barrow were never in the hunt turning in their poorest performance at home against a team that played the final 30 minutes with two men short - but still managed to add a further nineteen points to their tally.

Greg Worthington and Tendai Gwaze were both dismissed as the game erupted on fifty minutes in an incident with Hakim Miloudi who was sent to the sinbin.

Miloudi went into the tackle on Worthington who saw red throwing punches to the head of the Frenchman who fell to the floor.

Gwaze then attempted to pull Miloudi off the floor which is not allowed due to there being a possible serious injury.

Ironically Miloudi performed the same act in the home fixture with Workington and served a eight match ban. Both players now face the same punishment as throwing punches to the head are illegal.

Barrow never settled and looked like they were still on the bus - a term used normally for the visiting teams who take several minutes to find their feet.

Swift handling saw Ben Tibbs glide in for the opening try converted by Joe Keys. 0-6 turned into 0-12 when Ben Kavanagh swept in at the corner, Keyes tagging on the goal.

Barrow, having lost Tom Hopkins with a head injury on four minutes, were guilty of poor play and multiple errors.

Hopkins was replaced by Dan Toal who had an excellent game.

Toal was also injured with a cut head but returned to shine.

Barrow did get on the score sheet when Josh Wood went in from close range - Jarrad Sammut converting - 6-12.

James Woodburn-Hall went in for try number three converted by Keys with Barrow hitting back on half time with a Jarrad Stack try and Sammut goal - 12-18.

Brandon Moore crossed for the visitors with Keyes adding the goal and a penalty following the skirmish and dismissals - 12-26.

Tee Ritson did manage to dive in at the corner but dropped the ball.

Tries from Jouffret and Walmsley plus one goal from Keyes made it 12-36 before Sammut kicked ahead to regather and dot the ball down. He also added the goal - 18-36.

However a try from Gee plus a conversion and drop goal from Keyes ended a miserable night for Barrow who now travel to York on Sunday.

Barrow: Creswell, Ritson, Miloudi, Costello, S Toal, J Carter, Samut, Forster, Wood, Gillam, Hopkins, Stack, Iaria. Subs used: Mossop, Brooks, D Toal, Cozza.

Mail Man of the Match: Dan Toal.

The total attendance was 2,205.