FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a chimney set on fire.

Two fire crews went to a property in Chapel Lane, Bootle, at 7pm on Thursday night.

The fire involved a chimney and wood burning stove.

Firefighters used a roof ladder, working at height pack, one hose reel jet, small tools, a seven metre ladder and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.

Crews remained at scene for 55 minutes.

No one suffered any injuries during the incident and the crews had returned to stations by 8.15pm.