A SISTER has urged anyone battling with mental health not to ignore the help that is given after unopened letters from mental health services were discovered in the flat where her brother's body was found.

Will Taylor, 27, was found hanged at his flat in Greengate Street, Barrow at around 9pm on Thursday February 14.

Despite the 'dedicated and loving' support of his family and mental health services, an inquest held at Barrow Town Hall yesterday heard how Mr Taylor took his own life.

The inquest heard how Mr Taylor came to the attention of mental health services in 2013 where he then admitted struggling following the death of his father in 2008.

Following this Mr Taylor experienced undulating periods of instability for several years.

It was then in 2017, following a break-up that left Mr Taylor 'heartbroken' that he took an attempted overdose.

During the inquest, Assistant Coroner Paul O'Donnell praised the actions of Mr Taylor's sister Chrissie Crampton describing her as a 'mother hen' for all the support and encouragement she had given him since 2013.

Mrs Crampton was key in supporting and engaging Mr Taylor with mental health services.

In the months before his death mental health services recognised a 'worsening' in Mr Taylor's mood from which he was prescribed the antidepressant Sertraline and the sleeping pill Zopiclone in January 2019.

The inquest heard how Mr Taylor was reluctant to take such medication as he was 'scared' on what he might do based on his previous attempted overdose.

It was also highlighted how Mr Taylor was sent three letters regarding appointments from the mental health service First Step on January 25, February 11 and February 21.

During the inquest, Mrs Crampton revealed how she discovered all these letters unopened after clearing his flat.

"I wish Will had been more honest about why he’d not attended his First Steps appointments then maybe we could have looked at other avenues for him", she said.

As part of The Mail's Time to Talk campaign Mrs Crampton, also wished to urge others to speak out.

She said: "I would urge people to seek help and not to ignore those demons".

Mr Taylor was pronounced dead at 21.23pm by paramedics after PC Herbert Lindow and PC Stephen Herbert broke into the flat.

Numerous letters were found at the scene to family members, which Mr O'Donnell expressed his 'fairly calm manner'.

The toxicology report showed that both the amount of Sertraline and Zopiclone was consistent with 'therapeutic use' and there was no alcohol found in his system. No other suspicious circumstances were found surrounding his death, therefore, Mr O'Donnell concluded that Mr Taylor had committed suicide.

If you are in need contact the Samaritans 24-hour free helpline on 116 123.