TEN-MAN GSK Ulverston Rangers took the derby honours with a 2-1 victory over Askam United at Duddon Road.

Ulverston started the brighter of the two teams in this West Lancs League Division Two clash, but they were reduced to ten men on 35 minutes when Matty Lawlor was sent-off for a second bookable offence.

It was goalless at half-time but within five minutes of the second half a Callum Rayner 35-yarder put Askam in the lead.

However the ten men of Rangers actually took the game to Askam. Chris Bolton terrorised the Askam back-line and crossed the ball to sixteen-year-old Zac Milby who smashed a first-time shot home.

The goal seemed to knock Askam off their stride and give GSK a boost and Rangers were rewarded with four minutes to go.

Andrew Whiteford took control in the centre circle and chipped a ball over the top for Chris Bolton.

Bolton shrugged off the defender and smashed the ball across the face of the goal from an acute angle and it went in off the post.

Elsewhere in the first division Crooklands Casuals lost 2-0 away at Kendal County. But it was better news for Hawcoat Park as they beat Wyre Villa 4-1. Elliot Moore, Jake Rees, Zach Walker and Sam Cunningham were all on the scoresheet.

In the Premier Division Vickerstown made it an unbeaten March as they picked up another three points with a 4-0 win over Coppull United. Danny Cummings (2) Jackson Round and Steve Kewley did the damage for Dave Round’s mena.

Second Division action saw Walney Island lose 2-0 to Lostock St Gerards. It could have been more but for a great performance by Walney keeper Jordan Belcher who produced a string of good saves and also saved a penalty.

Furness Cavaliers lost 6-2 at Euxton Villa Reserves. Ryan Rogers and Kyle Delves were on target for Cavs.

Furness Rovers picked up a point after a 3-3 draw with high-flying Ladybridge. Josh Jones, Joe Bradbury and Tyler Wood all found the back of the net for Rovers.

Millom lost 4-2 at league leaders Leyland, Carl Waters and Phil Edmondson with two late goals for the away side.

Dalton United continued their impressive run with a 3-1 win at Tempest Reserves. Gareth Jones (2) and Josh Fiddler put the away side 3-0 up before Tempest found a late consolation.

In the North West Counties League Holker Old Boys’ recent run of good resuts came to a halt as they lost 2-0 at home to Chadderton. Hawcoat Park Reserves took a huge step to securing the Furness Premier League title.

Their 5-1 win at Dalton United Reserves, coupled with Haverigg’s 3-2 defeat against Kirkby, means that Hawcoat need only four points from their remaining three games to win the league. Hawcoat’s goal-scorers against Dalton were Carl Mackay, Frankie Ellis, Sam Jefferson, Carl Pearson and Matty Pickering. Sam Shields replied for Dalton.

Haverigg’s scorers in their loss to Kirkby were Bradley Maine and Richard Conway. Jack Gardner (2) and Matty Bruce were on target for the villagers.

In the First Division the title race took a twist as Ormsgill beat Hawcoat Park A 2-1.

Matty Burrows scored his first goal in the open-age ranks to level the scores after Ryan Muncaster had put Hawcoat in front. Brandon Haughin scored the winner from the penalty spot.

Millom A capitalised on Hawcoat’s result by beating Barrow Wanderers 2-1. A David Moore strike and an own goal helped Millom open up a five-point lead at the top of the table. Jed Wilkinson scored for Wanderers.

Crooklands Casuals Reserves are still in the hunt, but their hopes were dented as they lost 3-2 to Vickerstown A.

Kurtis Shields and Terry Anderson scored for Crooklands. Mike Robinson and Ben Wright levelled the scores and the evergreen Charlie Spence scored a bullet header to win the game.