HOLKER Old Boys bowed out of the FA Vase after a 2-1 home defeat against Stockton Town.

After manager Scott Redhead moved onto Gretna a week ago, first team affairs are being looked after by ex-reserve team manager and club stalwart Sean Mellen.

Unfortunately Mellen’s first game in charge saw the Stags bow out of the Vase at Rakesmoor Lane despite a valiant effort.

Jamie Pattinson equalised early in the second half after Holker had gone behind in a tight first half in front of a good crowd.

Holker were only on level terms for a matter of minutes though as they fell behind to what turned out to be the winning goal. Holker’s cause was not helped as they were reduced to 10 men.

In the LFA Amateur Shield all three of our remaining sides were knocked out. Vickerstown hosted Denton Town. An early missed penalty and then a sending off didn’t help Vickerstown’s cause as they were beaten 2-1. Danny Keenan scored for the Park Vale outfit.

Askam were beaten 2-1 at home by higher league opposition in the form of Turton. Jordan Rayner (penalty) scored for Askam, and GSK Ulverston Rangers were beaten 3-1 away to AFC Monton, Matty Lawlor with the goal.

In the West Lancs League Premier Division Crooklands picked up a point at home against Thornton. A Tom Heywood penalty with 20 minutes remaining levelling the scores after the away side had gone in front after only four minutes.

In the First Division an Andrew Fraser goal gave Dalton a 1-0 home win against Mill Hill St Peters.

Hawcoat were beaten 3-1 at home by Ladybridge. A Christian Sloan penalty on 89 minutes to make the score 2-1 gave Hawcoat a glimmer of hope, but they conceded a third a minute later.

Furness Rovers travelled to Croston Sports and after falling one goal behind, Liam Shields (2) and Joe Tindale made sure Rovers came back with all three points.

Furness Cavaliers were beaten 2-1 by Kendal County. Cavs opened the scoring through Ryan Rogers after two minutes but couldn’t hold on against an impressive Kendal side.

Walney and Millom played out a 0-0 draw at Tummerhill. In what’s turning into an interesting season in the Furness Premier League, leaders Hawcoat Reserves were beaten 4-2 by Haverigg United.

John Chmiel (2) Anthony Foster and Gavin Scudamore scored for Haverigg, Mike Wilkes and Tom Hammond replying for Hawcoat.

Croftlands and Holker drew 2-2. Matt Dean put Croftlands 2-0 up but Troy Magee and Rob Parker made sure the points were shared.

Furness Cavs Res beat Walney Island Res 1-0, Jake Marston with the goal.

Last season’s champions Kirkby hosted runners-up Vickerstown Res and in a fast-paced game Kirkby ran out 2-0 winners. Vickerstown had a first half penalty saved by Lewis Woodend and the Kirkby keeper also made two great stops to keep the game at 0-0.

Kirkby finished the game much stronger and goals from Paul Cleasby and Matty Bruce moved them into third place in the table.

Britannia beat Furness Rovers Res 9-1 thanks to goals from Andrew Whiteford (3) Sean Darby (3) Paul Dennison, Liam Holmes and Ryan Jackson.

Bootle defeated Swarthmoor Res 3-2. Steve Pritt, Josh French and Oliver Smith scored for Bootle, with Jack Moore and James Taylor replying for Swarthmoor.

In the Terry Clinton Memorial Trophy, Millom and Barrow Celtic locked horns at Hannah Field and in an entertaining game drew 3-3.

Theo Wilson, Mike Plews and Jamie Cairns scored for Millom. Sean Sweeney (2) and Connor Smith got Celtic’s goals.

Millom are through to the next round after winning the dreaded penalty shoot-out 3-2.

First Division action saw a game with plenty of goal-mouth action as Barrow Celtic Res scored six goals at home but were beaten as Vickerstown A scored eight!

Matthew France (3) Chris Husband, Chris Treen and Andrew Hainey hit Celtic’s six, but Iaian McDonlad (3) Joe Murphy (2) Dave Goodwin (2) and Jack Mitchell gave stand-in manager Rich Humphries a victory he won’t forget in a hurry.

Hawcoat Park A also scored eight as they beat Crooklands 8-0. Ryan Muncaster (3) Craig Muncaster (2) Carl Mackay, Sam Hayes and Luke Shaw all got in on the goalscoring act.

Barrow Wanderers beat Haverigg United Res 4-0 thanks to goals from Sam Johnson, Nath Collett, Ryan Docherty and Cal Rainford.

Holker Old Boys A beat Askam United Res 4-0. Christian Squire, Phil Chesworth, Steve Forbes and Nicholson scored Holker’s goals.

Ormsgill North End were beaten 3-2 by Dalton United Res. Josh Jones, Ben Wright and Jonny Jones scored for Dalton. Minnican and Haughian replied for Ormsgill.

In Division Two Bridge United moved up to second in the table with a 3-1 win against Bootle Res, Josh Greenwood (2) and Reece Craig with the goals for Bridge. Thom Millard scored for Bootle.

Dalton United A beat Kirkby United Res 2-1. Ryan Barker and Thomas Rutherford scored for Dalton.

Britannia Res beat Walney Island A 7-1. Brit’s scorers were Charlie Shaw (4) Jordan Wallace, Jack Kavanagh and Dillon James.