HOLKER Old Boys’ new manager Brian Dawson saw his side slip to a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Chadderton in front of a healthy crowd at Rakesmoor Lane.

John-Paul Stanway put the hosts ahead after 10 minutes but Chadderton were 3-1 up by half-time and the game was all but over five minutes after half-time when Chadderton scored their fourth.

In the West Lancs Premier League Vickerstown travelled to Coppull and came away with three points after a 3-1 win. Goals came in the form of a trademark header from Danny Cummings, a Nick Beach penalty and a deft Steve Brennan header from a Dave Round Junior cross. Andy Ireland was excellent between the sticks for the away side.

A youthful Crooklands Casuals side travelled to Eagley and were beaten 4-3. Dave Mansergh scored two for Cassies and Kieran Clark made it 3-3 late on, but Eagley found a winner in the 88th minute.

In the first division Askam played out a 0-0 draw away at Ladybridge and Hawcoat Park won 2-1 away at Mill Hill St Peters.

Hawcoat were 1-0 down at half-time but Mike Melia equalised after the break and Zach Walker scored a long range free-kick to secure all three points.

In Division Two Furness Rovers drew 1-1 away at Fulwood Amateurs Reserves. Liam Shields scored after five minutes but Fulwood equalised just before half-time.

Millom’s game at Swarthmoor fell foul of the overnight rain but Walney Island got their game on against Coppull United Reserves and won 4-1 with goals from Matt Lockley (2) Matt Bailey and Kieran Sollaway.

In the Furness Premier League only one game survived the weather with Bootle hosting Holker Old Boys Reserves.

Holker won 2-1 with goals from Troy Magee, and the veteran Paul Southward showing he hasn’t lost the knack of finding the back of the net.

The weather also wiped out most of the games in the First Division but Askam United Reserves welcomed Barrow Wanderers to Duddon Road and in an entertaining game Wanderers won 8-4 with goals from Ryan Docherty (4) Jon Grimes (2) Sam Johnson and Brad Marwood.

Barrow Celtic Reserves hosted Ormsgill North End and it was Ormsgill who came away with the points after a 3-2 win. Rob Johnson scored both of Celtic’s goals. Carl Gill and super-sub Brandon Haughin (2) scored for Ormsgill for who Mike Reid was outstanding in defence.

Due to the heavy downpour on Friday night no further games took place. However, in midweek Millom played Holker Old Boys Reserves under the floodlights at Rakesmoor in the Furness Senior Cup and progressed to the next round after a 3-2 win. Carl Waters grabbed the headlines and the match-ball after a superb hat-trick.