HOLKER Old Boys took on high-flying Whitchurch Alport in the quarter-finals of the North West Counties Reusch First Division Cup at Rakesmoor Lane – and it is the home side who progressed after an excellent 3-2 win.

The Stags took the lead just before half-time through Jamie Pattinson, but Whitchurch equalised midway through the second half.

Into extra time and the home side took the lead through that man Pattinson again and then Sam Joel seemingly put the game to bed on the stroke of half-time when he put the hosts 3-1 up.

But Whitchurch hit back almost immediately to set up a nervy final 15 minutes, which Brian Dawson’s men survived, and they now face Sandbach in a two-legged semi-final.

Vickerstown were also in quarter-final action in the Richardson Cup as they took on Garstang at Park Vale. The cup dream is over for another year for Dave Round’s men though, as they were beaten 2-0 by a strong Garstang team.

In what is shaping up to be an exciting year in the Rifleman’s Garage Furness Premier League Division One, they were goals a plenty as league leaders Hawcoat Park A beat Barrow Wanderers 3-1.

Craig Muncaster, Ryan Muncaster and Frankie Ellis all scored for Hawcoat while Harry Speirs replied for Wanderers.

Coniston beat Barrow Celtic Reserves 6-1. Phil Edmondson scored all six for Coniston, who are three points behind Hawcoat but have four games in hand.

Dalton United reserves are also handily placed in third, and they have games in hand, and leapfrogged Vickerstown A after beating them 3-2 at Railway Meadow.

It was a game described by Dalton United secretary Pete Thomas as a wholehearted affair with two teams giving their all in search for the three points. Dalton’s goalscorers were Chris Dawson, Rossa Millar and Mark Jones. Joe Murphy and Jack Browne replied for Vickerstown who are now fourth in the table.

Ormsgill defeated Haverigg United reserves 6-1 thanks to Paul Williams (2) Brandon Haughin, Jake Haughin, Damian Minnican and Mike Browne. Crooklands Casuals reserves also kept up the high-scoring theme as they enjoyed a 4-1 home win over Holker Old Boys A. Terry Anderson (2) Jake Stiendl and Scott O’Reilly scored for Cassies, and Elliot Maxfield replied for Holker.

The second division is also proving to be anyone’s for the taking. Millom A are currently top of the table and produced a 1-0 away win at local rivals Bootle Reserves. Jon Patton grabbed the all-important goal.

Hot on their heels are Bridge United who defeated Kirkby United seconds 5-2. Cooper and an own goal made up Kirkby’s double, but John Renton, Sam Davies, Ryan Barker, Marcus Robinson and Josh Greenwood all scored for Bridge who are just two points off the lead.

FC Barrow Island are only one point further behind but have a game in hand. Britannia reserves beat Walney Island A 2-0 through Charlie Shaw and Danny Logan.

In the Premier Division results went with current form as leaders Kirkby beat Furness Cavaliers Reserves 4-0. Scott Watkinson, Matty Bruce, Paul Cleasby and an own goal made up the Kirkby tally.

Hawcoat remain second as they beat Bootle 5-1. Carl Mackay (2) Mike Wilkes, Lewis Turner and the evergreen Craig Salton all got on the scoresheet for Hawcoat. Steve Pritt grabbed Bootle’s consolation.

Barrow Celtic beat Croftlands 7-3 with goals coming from Rob Johnson (3) Connor Smith (2) and Stuart Thompson (2). Croftlands’ tally was made up of a Ben Mooney double and Andy Currie.

Holker Old Boys beat Haverigg 3-0. Ben Rebello (2) and Jake Carter keep Holker in fourth place, only three points off the lead.

Millom Reserves beat Furness Rovers Reserves 3-2 on the Training Pitch. Chris Wood (2) and Tom McDonald scored for Millom.

Vickerstown reserves played Walney Island in the first Premier Division island derby for a few seasons and it was Vickerstown who ran out 4-0 winners, with goals from Mike Imison, Jackson Round and a double from Robbie McMurdo, who was the stand-out player on the day.

Glaxo reserves beat Britannia 3-1. Isaac Prosser (2) and Reis Sharp scored for Glaxo. Jordan Wallace replied for The Brit.

In The West Lancs Premier Division Crooklands made the long trip to Southport Hesketh but came back with three points after a 3-1 win. Goals came from Mike Hargreaves, an own goal and a Tom Heywood penalty.

In Division One Askam beat Ladybridge 6-2. Jordan Rayner (2) Ross Walker (2) Joe Kavanagh and Matt Gribbin shared out the goal-scoring duties.

Hawcoat Park had Ollie Jackson to thank as he grabbed a last-minute equaliser in a 1-1 draw away at Haslingden St Mary’s.

GSK Ulverston Rangers were beaten 5-2 at Burscough Richmond. Matty Lawlor scored both the GSK goals.

Second Division action saw Walney travel to Croston, but a James Bailey penalty wasn’t enough as they were beaten 2-1. Millom beat Hurst Green reserves 3-1, with goals from Carl Waters, Drew Postlethwaite and Danny Pattinson. Garstang Reserves beat Swarthmoor 4-0.