HOLKER Old Boys maintained their run of good form by shocking second-placed Litherland REMYCA in North West Counties Division One at Rakesmoor Lane.

Guy Heffernan’s side went into the game full of confidence after a 2-1 win in midweek against promotion-chasing AFC Blackpool.

Litherland started the brighter of the two teams and, going down the slope, were applying early pressure which was rewarded with a goal from Stephen Ferrigan with only five minutes on the clock.

Holker’s only real chance of an uneventful first half fell to Nathan Reid, but he took too many touches and was crowded out.

Old Boys started the second half strongly, and after 10 minutes a Kev Watkin shot fell into the path of Danny Keenan, and he made no mistake to make it 1-1.

With the clock running down, Litherland striker Colin McDonald found time and space to turn and slot home a neat shot to give the away side a 2-1 lead.

Cue Holker’s second late show in a matter of days.

With two minutes left, Reid hit a sweet strike into the bottom corner to level the scores for second time.

Then, with the 90 minutes up on the referee’s watch, the comeback was complete when Nathan McHugh popped up in the box and smacked home a match-winning volley.

Holker’s win moves them up into ninth place in the table and, after the slow start to the season, they must be very pleased with their turn-around in fortunes.

The Furness Senior Cup reached the quarter-finals stage, and there was late drama here too as the game between Walney Island and GSK Ulverston Rangers was decided in the last minute.

James Bailey put Walney in front, but Cal Fawcett and Sean Darby gave GSK a 2-1 advantage.

Matt Lockley pulled Walney level and in the last minute fired the Islanders through to the semi-final.

Askam United beat Croftlands 4-2 to progress to the last-four.

Askam’s goals came from Steele, Kell, Thompson and Rayner. Lewis Jones and Matt Dean scored for Croftlands, who missed a penalty with the score at 3-2.

There were two games outstanding from the earlier round, and the fixture between Millom and Dalton United finished 2-1 to Millom. Carl Waters and Jamie Pattinson were the Millom scorers.

Swarthmoor lost 4-2 to Crooklands Casuals. Rikki Gallagher and Graham Wilcox scored for Swarthmoor, but Dave Mansergh, Kieran Clark, Tom Pavett and an own goal ensured safe passage to the quarter-finals for Cassies.

Furness Premier League leaders Hawcoat Park reserves picked up another three points with a 4-2 win at Britannia. Frankie Ellis, Mike Wilkes, Carl Pearson and Carl Mackay (penalty) were all on target for Hawcoat. Ross Walker and Mark Heseltine replied for the Brit.

Barrow Celtic drew 1-1 at home to Holker Old Boys reserves. Andrew Hainey scored for Celtic and Ben Rebello was the Holker marksman.

Bootle picked up a handy three points at the expense of rivals Millom reserves after a 5-2 victory. Lee Postlethwaite and Andrew Woodburn scored for Millom, but a Steve Pritt hat-trick, backed up by goals from Reece Fretwell and Oliver Smith, gave the scoreline a one-sided look.

Coniston beat Walney Island reserves 3-2 with goals from Tommy Clarke and Brett Jackson (2). Kane Moffet (2) replied for Walney.

Vickerstown reserves defeated Dalton United reserves 4-2 at Railway Meadow. Ryan Docherty (3) and Sam Johnson were on target for Vickerstown. Jordan Fisher and Ben Thompson replied for Dalton.

Kirkby United overcame Furness Cavaliers reserves 4-0, with goals from Bruce, Gardner and Birkett (2).

In Premier Tiles Division One, Crooklands reserves closed the gap at the top after a 3-2 win over leaders Hawcoat Park A. Jake Richards, Scott Phizacklea and Kev Edwards were on target for the home side, while Jack McGrillan and Ryan Muncaster replied for Hawcoat.

Millom A beat Askam United reserves 5-1 with goals from Steve Grieve (2) Mark O’Brien (2) and Ben Welcher.

Bridge United had a 5-1 win of their own as they beat Vickerstown A. Josh Greenwood, Jason Borwick, Reece Craig, Keiron Roberts and Thomas Bradshaw shared out the goals for Bridge. Mike Robinson replied for Vickerstown.

Barrow Wanderers defeated Haverigg United reserves 4-1. Ross Shields (2), Jordan Swarbrick and Jordan Wallace scored for the Wanderers. Gavin Scudamore replied from Haverigg.

Division Two runaway leaders Croftlands Park were held to a 1-1 draw by Barrow Celtic A. Veteran Ash Daly scoring for Celtic, Joe Cowperthwaite for Croftlands.

British Legion beat Britannia reserves 6-0, Danny Bewley (3), Connor Bone, Scott Steeley and Carl Gill were all on target for Legion.

Kirkby United reserves beat Millom St James 2-1. Joe Myers was on target for Millom. Tom Harrison and Gav Jolly both scored for Kirkby.

A heavily-depleted Walney Island A lost 10-0 at Holker Old Boys A. Greg Galloway (3), Conor Erdis (3), Chris Squire, Ash Allenby, Jordan Nicholson and a cracking volley from Andy Baynes made up the tally.

In the West Lancs Premier Division, Vickerstown suffered a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of Euxton Villa after Steve Kewley had levelled the scores.

Division One action saw Hawcoat Park draw 3-3 with Kendal County. Elliot Moore went home with the match ball after his hat-trick.

In Division Two, Furness Rovers picked up only their second win of the season after a 5-0 result against Lostock St Gerards reserves. Jordan Chubb helped himself to a hat-trick, while Scott Goulding and Wil Heywood grabbed a goal each.

Furness Cavaliers made the journey to Leyland and lost 3-1. Kyle Delves had put Cavaliers 1-0 up after five minutes, but Leyland were too strong.