BARROW Celtic beat Kirkby United 8-4 in a Furness Premier League goal-feast at Newby Terrace.

Both sides have been in free-scoring form so far this season and they didn’t disappoint the spectators by serving up twelve goals and a red card.

Connor Smith and Andy Forristal put Celtic 2-0 up early on and then to compound Kirkby’s woes they had a man sent off for a bit of afters following a tackle.

To their credit Kirkby fought their way back into the game with a penalty from Tom Wildgoose and a superb strike by Paul Cleasby to level the scores at 2-2 by half-time.

Celtic turned on the gas in the second half and Sean Sweeney got on the scoresheet closely followed by Connor Smith.

Kirkby dragged themselves back into the game as Kristian Sharp got them to within a goal, but Connor Smith scored two quick goals to make the score 6-3 to Celtic.

The villagers pulled themselves off the canvas again as Pinnegor continued his goal-scoring streak to reduce the deficit to 6-4, but that man Smith scored with a superb goal followed by a tap-in to take his tally to six for the afternoon and made the final score 8-4 to Celtic.

During the game Andy Forristal suffered a fractured kneecap. Everyone wishes him a speedy recovery.

Hawcoat Park Reserves moved into second place as they beat league leaders Swarthmoor 3-0. Tom Hammond, Sam Jefferson and Scott Ellis scored for Hawcoat.

Haverigg made the trip to Furness Cavaliers and went home with three points after a 3-0 win thanks to goals from John Chmiel, Luke Chmiel and Dan Munroe.

Croftlands visited the draw specialists Walney Island Reserves, and true to form the game ended 1-1. Ben Mooney scored for Croftlands and in the final act of the game Chris Burns equalised for Walney. Britannia and Dalton Reserves shared eight goals in a 4-4 draw. Ross Walker (3) and Luke Vandome were the Brit’s scorers. Gareth Jones (3) and Mark Jones replied for Dalton.

Holker Old Boys Reserves and Millom Reserves drew 3-3. Troy Magee, Steve Forbes and Spencer Erdis scored for Holker. Chris Wood and Andrew Woodburn (2) were the Millom scorers.

A hat-trick from Phil Edmondson wasn’t enough for Coniston as they were beaten 4-3 by Bootle.

First division leaders Hawcoat A suffered a 7-2 defeat at the hands of Bridge United. John Ashworth, Marcus Robinson, Josh Greenwood, Reece Craig, Daryl Mulholland, Jordan White and Sam Davies all got on the scoresheet for Bridge. Tom Stanwix and Sam Fell replied for Hawcoat.

Furness Rovers Reserves beat Crooklands Reserves 8-3. Brendan Trainor (2) Jamie Edgely, Chris Paton, Joe Loughlin, Joe Walker, Steve McGarry and Steve McAllister all scored for Rovers.

Haverigg United Reserves were beaten 3-0 by Barrow Celtic Reserves. Jack Pedley, Iaian McDonald and Jason Jackson were the Celtic scorers.

Ormsgill North End beat Askam Reserves 6-0. Danny O’Halloran (2), Mike Crampton (2), veteran Steve Crompton and Nath Cloudesdale scored for Ormsgill, for whom Mike Reid and Mark Birrel were outstanding.

In Division Two league newcomers British Legion were beaten 4-1 by Holker Old Boys A. Connor Erdis (2) Andy Benn and Ash Allenby scored for Holker, Luke Hunter replied for the Legion.

Walney A reversed last week's defeat by Millom St James by beating them 3-2, Connor Brumby and Jason Heasley scored for Millom but Walney’s Carl Hill stole the headlines by scoring a match-winning hat-trick.

In the Lancashire Shield our local sides produced a mixed bag of results. Hawcoat bowed out after a late goal sent them to a 2-1 defeat at Eagley.

Ben Stoker put Hawcoat 1-0 up but missed chances cost them dearly. Crooklands also fell at the first hurdle losing 5-1 at Leyland, Jake Stiendl the scorer.

Vickerstown went through on penalties after a 3-3 draw at home to Coppull. Jackson Round, Sean Paterson and Steve Kewley scored for Vickerstown, Andy Ireland saved two penalties in the shoot-out.

Team of the month Millom continued their excellent run with a 3-1 win at home to Daten. The prolific Carl Waters scored two and Jamie Pattinson also got on the scoresheet.

West Lancs League action took place at Duddon Road as Askam were beaten 5-1 by Hurst Green.

Callum Rayner scored for Askam. GSK beat Kendal County 2-0. Dalton drew 2-2 with Croston Sports, Keith Holmes and Rhys Forbes scored for Dalton.

Walney were beaten by the so-far-undefeated Ladybridge 5-2, Scott McDonald scored both goals for Walney.

Holker Old Boys lost 3-1 at Garforth Town in the FA Vase. Nath Reid scored for Holker.