FURNESS Premier League leaders Hawcoat Park Reserves edged a nine-goal thriller with Holker Old Boys seconds at Hawcoat Sports Club.

In the opening exchanges both sides were trying to get a foothold in the game, and chances were few and far between.

The game changed with a penalty awarded to Hawcoat Park after a foul on the lively Matty Pickering, which was duly converted by Carl Pearson. This opened the floodgates and further goals came in the way of a spectacular 35-yarder from Harry Speirs and a neat finish from Tom Hammond from a diagonal ball from Pearson.

Another Pearson goal gave Hawcoat a deserved half-time lead of 4-0.

Holker came out much stronger in the second half and goals from Rob Parker, David Cook and Mark Daly saw the deficit reduced to 4-3 and this was turning into anyone’s game.

Hawcoat regained their two-goal cushion as the speedy Tom Hammond raced through the Holker defence and calmly finished for his second and Hawcoat’s fifth.

But Holker were not done there and Christian Squire scored to make the final moments of the game a lot more nervous for the Hawcoat defence.

Swarthmoor Social lie in second place after a 2-2 draw at home to Bootle.

Oliver Smith and Aaron Bradley scored for Bootle, Graham Wilcox and Pete Spence replied for the home side.

Croftlands Park picked up a big three points after a 3-2 win over Kirkby United. Matty Bruce and James Pinnegor had put Kirkby 2-0 up at half-time but goals from Rickie Wallbank and Matt Dean (2) gave Croftlands the win.

Furness Cavaliers beat Britannia 4-3. Tom Dawes, Chris Boardley and Dillon James scored for the Brit. Matty Gregg, Marc Ayres and Jordan Hughes (2) did the damage for Cavs.

Barrow Celtic moved into fourth place with a 4-2 win over Dalton United Reserves. Rob Johnson and Stu Thompson scored for Celtic, Mark Jones and Rossa Miller replied for Dalton.

Vickerstown Reserves beat Walney Reserves 3-0. Will Rimmer, Rob Bruce and Ryan Docherty were the Vickerstown scorers. Coniston suffered a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Millom Reseerves. Jake Biles’ and Callum Bircher’s goals were in vain for Coniston as Jon Patton, Andy Woodburn and Ryan Sheldon sealed the points for Millom.

Hawcoat Park A are top of the First Division after a 7-1 victory over Swarthmoor Reseeves.

Carl Mackay led the way with three goals, Sam Fell helped himself to a brace, and Tom Stanwix and Jake Reynolds hit the other two. Ollie Hambley scored for Swarthmoor.

Crooklands Casuals Reserves are in second place after a 3-2 win over Barrow Celtic Reserves. Terry Anderson (2) and Kev Edwards were the Crooklands marksmen, while Jack Pedley scored both of Celtic’s goals.

Bridge United were beaten 4-3 by Askam United Reserves. Justin Pearce, Brad Lewis and Sam Davies scored for Bridge in the seven-goal thriller.

Millom A leapfrogged Ormsgill into third place after a 4-2 win, Mark O’Brien, Marcus O’Brien and a brace from Drew Postlethwaite were the Millom scorers. Darryl Fletcher grabbed both goals for Ormsgill.

Croftlands Park Reserves sit at the top of the second division after a resounding 7-0 win away to Bootle Reserves.

Isaac Prosser helped himself to five and Charlie Segger weighed in with the other two.

Barrow Celtic A beat Britannia Reserves 5-0. Iain McDonald (2) Steve Carruthers, Jason Jackson and Callum Treen scored for Celtic. Kirkby United Reserves beat GSK Resereves 2-0 thanks to goals from Tom Harrison and Daniel Lamb.

Holker Old Boys A beat Millom St James by the odd goal in five. Steve Grieve scored both Millom’s goals. Morgan Gwynne, Ash Allenby and Tom Jefferson were Holker’s scorers.

British Legion won 6-0 for the second week on the trot as they beat Walney A. Connor Bone (3) Lee Gill, Derran Johnson and an own goal made up the half dozen.

In the West Lancs League Premier Division Vickerstown drew 3-3 away at Burscough. Vickerstown went 1-0 up thanks to a Kyle Beach goal but were soon 3-1 down, and to make matters worse keeper Andy Ireland was sent off. Dave Round Junior went between the sticks and the ten men rallied to draw 3-3 with another goal from Beach and a Brad Palfreyman strike.

First Division action saw Hawcoat beat bottom side Mill Hill 3-2. Elliot Moore, Christian Sloan and Luke Mitchell were all on target.

Crooklands suffered a 4-1 defeat away to Eagley. Dave Woodburn scored for Crooklands.

Askam lost 4-3 at home to Fulwood Amateurs Reserves. Callum Rayner (2) and an own goal made it 3-3, but a last-minute strike left Askam empty handed.

GSK Ulverston Rangers also lost 2-0 away to Hurst Green.

In the Second Division Walney Island beat league leaders Ladybridge 4-2.

Matt Lockley put Walney ahead but they were 2-1 down at half-time before they staged a second half resurgence.

Kieran Sollaway and another two from Lockley gave Walney a deserved win.

Millom continued their unbeaten run as they beat Kendal United 4-2. Carl Waters (2) Dave Cooper and Danny Pattinson scored for Millom. Dalton picked up another three points as they beat Thornton Cleveleys Reseerves 3-2,. Harrison Ardon, Ben Wright, Gareth Jones and Keith Holmes all got on the scoresheet.

Furness Cavaliers lost 3-1 away to Lostock Reserves, Tom Harris the scorer. Furness Rovers lost 3-0 at home to Croston Sports.

Holker Old Boys registered a second win in a week with a 1-0 home victory over Daisy Hill. Danny Keenan scored the match-winning goal.