SUPERB Barrow breezed to a dramatic victory at Oldham after the second half was held up for three minutes due to a pitch invasion by protesting home fans.

Oldham’s supporters have been vociferous in recent weeks as they rail against the club’s ownership, but the Bluebirds brushed off the highly-charged atmosphere as they cruised to their second win of the season.

Two quickfire goals from the visitors shortly after the restart appeared to prompt the pitch invasion, but let’s not take any credit whatsoever away from the Bluebirds – they fully-deserved their rousing win.

On the back of the midweek EFL Trophy game with Accrington, Bluebirds boss Mark Cooper had made a whopping six changes to his starting line-up ahead of this clash at Boundary Park.

Leeds United captures Robbie Gotts and Jordan Stevens were both thrown in for immediate debuts, while stopper Paul Farman, ex-Oldham man Ollie Banks, Patrick Brough and Offrande Zanzala were also back in from the start.

Dropping out were ’keeper Scott Moloney, veteran Mark Ellis, Tom White, Festus Arthur, the injured Kgosi Ntlhe and George Williams.

It was the visitors who crafted the first opportunity in the sixth minute.

Joe Grayson worked the ball inside to Josh Gordon, and he side-footed narrowly off target from 15 yards.

A couple of minutes later the Bluebirds fluffed a terrific chance when Gordon planted a free header across goal and wide after Stevens had floated in a peach of a cross from the right.

It had been a bright start from the Bluebirds, but the Latics ought to have broken the deadlock soon after.

Veteran Nicky Adams rolled a precise ball across for Junior Luamba, only for the Oldham striker to completely fresh-air his attempt with the goal gaping.

That miss was punished by the Bluebirds in the 15th minute.

Stevens touched the ball to Banks, and the Oldham old boy wheeled away in delight after drilling home an angled strike from 22 yards – his third goal in three games.

The Latics ought to have levelled on the half-hour mark, but Farman came to the rescue with a super point-blank save from Jamie Bowden’s bullet header.

As the Latics held sway heading into the interval, Farman was called upon again to save Alan Sheehan’s curling free-kick.

Seconds before the whistle Sheehan was again denied by the diving Farman.

The Bluebirds appeared a little reinvigorated after the restart, and Gordon had an early chance when his powerful shot was blocked by Oldham skipper Carl Piergianni.

Boss Cooper was becoming rather animated on the touchline, but his team were looking comfortable, even more so when they struck again in the 53rd minute.

This time it was a super solo effort from Zanzala, as he left two Oldham defenders for dead before coolly slotting past Jayson Leutwiler from close range.

Four minutes later it got even better for the Bluebirds when Grayson’s free-kick from out on the right beat everyone before drifting into the net at the far post.

That appeared to prompt the pitch invasion shortly after, but after the resumption the Bluebirds sailed home after the toxic atmosphere in the home ends appeared to calm down somewhat.