Barrow 3 Hartlepool 2

Super sub Dimitri Sea was just swell for Barrow as Mark Cooper celebrated his first Skybet League Two win as Holker Street boss.

Despite his Carabao Cup winner against Scunthorpe to earn a money-spinning home tie with Aston Villa, Sea had to make do with a place on the bench.

But he made the most of an eventful brief appearance netting a 72nd-minute winner after Pools twice came from behind.

A late header knock forced the French youngster off the field late on, contributing to 10 minutes of stoppage time.

However, Barrow held on to record their first three points of the new campaign after an opening day defeat at Stevenage.

More than 650 fans followed Pools to Holker Street – the teams’ first meeting in the Football League since April 1972.

AFC prevailed 2-1 in their last fourth-tier win before being kicked out of the division a few months later.

Current Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock, now 72, was a member of United’s team on those occasions 49 years ago.

AFC chief Cooper also enjoyed a playing stint at the Victoria Ground, one of around 17 clubs he represented before turning to management.

And his first home league game in charge of the Bluebirds could not have started any better.

Only three minutes had gone when Ozzy Zanzala broke free on the right, ignored possible inside options and curled his low left foot into the bottom corner beyond Ben Killip.

Barrow held their lead for 14 minutes before Tyler Burey marked his first start for his new club by heading in Jamie Scerry’s inviting cross at the far post.

Burey then turned provider but Paul Farman saved from on-loan Stoke striker Goodwin’s header from eight yards.

Both teams had issues dealing with crosses into the penalty area and skipper Mark Ellis spurned a great opportunity to restore Barrow’s lead after 36 minutes.

Remeao Hutton floated in a superb right-side centre only for

Ellis to head wide from close range.

The start of the second half was a carbon copy of the first as Barrow took the lead again with a picture-book goal.

A ball wide out to Patrick Brough was whipped in first time by the wing back and ex-Walsall star Josh Gordon headed in from six yards.

Gordon curled another effort wide and then whipped in a cross that Neil Byrne did well to clear.

Zanzala, who scored for Carlisle on the same ground last April, received a great ovation from home fans when he made way for League Cup hero Sea after 54 minutes.

But it was game on again when strapping youngster Will Goodwin found space in the area to take Mark Shelton’s cross and fire past Farman just past the hour.

Barrow, however, wouldn’t settle for a point and Sea slid in the home side’s third goal after a shot from Ellis rebounded into his path.

His late concussion brought on ex-Hartlepool favourite Luke James for a frantic finish Barrow did well to survive.