British Legion came up trumps against their 'A' team in the top-of-the-table clash in the snooker section of the Barrow Friday League, courtesy of a 3-0 whitewash.

Jack Arnold cleaned up on the pink and black to snatch the first victory in a very tight game against Billy Burns in a nip and tuck game where the lead changed hands several times, Arnold winning by just one point 44-43.

Mike Smith played well taking the top man’s game in a close encounter against Legion A captain John Tyerman, eventually winning 71-52. Allan Edmondson, playing two table games, took the final match of the night with a convincing 59-9 victory against Dave Simpson.

The Navy Club took all three points against Vickerstown Cricket Club, with wins for Joe O’Leary, who beat the home side's Stuart Benson 60-37. He was well supported by Andy Charnley, who took his game against George Scott with ease, and Dave Wilkie completed the whitewash with a 56-18 win over Lee Jefferson.

At the Barrow Football Supporters Club, the home side came out best on the baize against the Roose Cons. Tony Mason took the top man’s game comfortably against Dave Kewley 65-26 and he was backed up by a good 62-41 win for Steve Redpath over Nick Wilkes.

Last year’s billiard league winners the British Legion won 2-1 against their ‘A’ team and go joint top of the table along with the Navy Club.

Edmondson took the first point, winning 100-73, while Legion A's captain Steve Hetherington came back from a deficit to take a tight game against Alf Carruthers 100-90 and level the scores. Kevin Quinn and Paul Fieldhouse contesting the deciding frame and Quinn pulled away to win 100-63.

The Navy Club came away with three points at Vickerstown Cricket Club, with Geoff Turner taking the first game 100-82 against David Holmes. Paul Kyle won 100-63 against Peter Scott and Brian Sharp had a comfortable 100-54 win against Jimmy Allen.

Barrow Football Supporters Club were 2-1 victors at home against the Roose Cons. Harry Bateman was on song with two 28 breaks in beating Rob Chissim 100-27. Peter Roberts pulled one back for the visitors by defeating Denis Plant 100-89 before Stuart Culbert sealed the final point for the Soccer Bar by beating Mike Irving 100-79.