Connor Terrill showed just why he’s been offered a senior contract for the 2020 season, after he bulldozed his way to a hat-trick in Furness Raiders’ 50-4 thrashing of Salford Red Devils Academy on Wednesday.

It’s been a proud week for the young Raiders, who had nine of their players, including Terrill, on international duty in last Sunday’s under-19 game between England Community Lions and Scotland.

Several of them backed up at Craven Park, but there was no sign of fatigue as they produced a dominant performance in what was their third home game of the season, scoring ten tries in total after they got over the shock of conceding early.

Terrill was signed by Barrow Raiders last month and the 18-year-old former Millom prop is one of the young players head coach Paul Crarey is looking to build the team’s future around.

His coach at Furness Raiders, David Cairns said: “He’s a very strong lad, he’s very keen and he doesn’t just play the game, he loves the game and that’s why he’s been signed on.

“It was men against boys for a few of our lads and Connor is one of them, he’s just a force.”

Cairns was pleased to see his side hit their stride more quickly this time, saying: “I think we’re a good side and I think we’ve got so much depth.

“They’re giving me a real problem with picking a side next time because there are so many good lads, so many good performances and it’s great to have that depth”

“I’m putting lads on now who are 16 years old and they just look like they’ve been playing for us for two or three years.”

Salford had the temerity to score a first-minute try and applied more pressure following that, but after Pat Kelly finished off a sweeping move down the right, it was one-way traffic for the rest of the first half.

They went ahead when Max Anderson-Moore dummied before going over and Zak Steel then extended the lead by scoring in the corner after the ball went through the hands of Josh Holmes and Charlie Emslie.

Terrill, who began as an interchange, then powered in for his first try before further scores from Ryan Wilson and Emslie opened up a 26-4 half-time lead for the hosts.

It didn’t take long for Furness to hit their stride again in the second half as Terrill powered over for his second try, but there was a bit of a lull in the scoring, as Salford tried to hit back, without success.

Normal service was resumed as Terrill completed his hat-trick before Jack Newbiggin rounded things off with a brace, the second after a wonderful sidestep.