Featherstone Rovers 16

Barrow Raiders 38

The win against Halifax was Barrow Raiders’ result and performance of the campaign for one week only. This was sensational from Paul Crarey’s men as they stunned the in-form Featherstone Rovers on their own turf.

Luke Cresswell’s hat-trick embroidered a famous victory at Post Office Road, but his was just one of many fantastic displays from the Raiders, which helped them produce one the shock results in this season’s Betfred Championship.

Rovers went into this game off the back of six straight wins and had the chance to move above Toulouse and into second in the table, but they found Barrow a much different prospect from the injury-ravaged side they saw off at Craven Park in April.

No more so than after they levelled the score at 16-16 in the second half, as the visitors found another gear to score four of their seven tries in 14 extraordinary minutes. The bottom of the Championship has been concertinaed by this result, as Barrow now find themselves level on points with Dewsbury and one behind Swinton and Widnes.

Barrow rocked their hosts by opening the scoring after five minutes when Featherstone's defence bought the dummy sold by Wartovo Puara who played in Stargroth Amean to crash over.

Jamie Dallimore added on the conversion, but the scores were level after 12 minutes when Dane Chisholm stylishly stepped his way through from just under 40 metres out to score near the posts.

However, Raiders showed they were here to rip up the form book when Alec Susino barged his way towards the line before off-loading in the tackle to give Dallimore a free run-in, with him converting his own try.

Two minutes later, a reset play the ball from ten metres out led to another sharp piece of play from Puara, as he quickly played in the charging Danny Morrow.

Featherstone managed to hit back with six minutes of the first half remaining through a terrific finish into the left-hand corner from Alex Sutcliffe.

The Raiders turned around with an unexpected 16-10 half-time lead, but it was all square within nine minutes of the restart as Chisholm found the dangerous Sutcliffe again, who weaved his way through for his second.

Against the run of play, Raiders hit the front again after 63 minutes when Dallimore’s high kick towards the left wing wasn’t dealt with Jack Render, allowing Amean to pick up the loose ball for an easy finish.

Barrow then produced the try of the day four minutes later when Dallimore found Amean on the left and he moved the ball on to Morrow, whose off-load sent Creswell scurrying over.

An amazing result was then wrapped up when Puara dummied before running into acres of space and timing his pass to send Cresswell under the posts.

There was still time for one last flourish as Deon Cross sprinted down the right wing before a perfectly weighted kick infield allowed Cresswell to complete a ten-minute hat-trick.

Featherstone Rovers: Turner, Carey, Hardcastle, Sutcliffe, Render, Chisholm, Holmes, Wheeldon, King, Makatoa, Day, Walters, Lockwood.

Interchange: Cooper, Harrison, Johnson, Ormondroyd.

Tries: Chisholm 11, Sutcliffe 34, 49.

Goals: Chisholm (2)

Barrow Raiders: Cresswell, Ritson, Spedding, Amean, Cross, Dallimore, J Carter, Johnson, Puara, Susino, Morrow, Walne, D Toal.

Interchange: White, Walker, Riley, Smith.

Tries: Amean 5, 63, Dallimore 18, Morrow 20, Cresswell 67, 72, 77.

Goals: Dallimore (5)

Referee: Aaron Moore

Raiders star man: Stargroth Amean