The game of the weekend in the Premier Division of the Furness Premier League was spoiled by the weather, as rain forced the clash between third-placed Dalton and leaders Furness to be abandoned.

That will have been of particular frustration to Furness, who had just started to chase down a small target of 114, after Sachith Pathirana had ripped through Dalton by taking five wickets.

The hosts were bowled out for just 113 in 38.4 overs, with Joe Braund-Smith (38) and wicketkeeper Liam Curwen (39) the only batsmen to reach double figures.

Sri Lankan professional Pathirana returned brilliant figures of 5-36, while spinner Jordan Buchanan was also excellent in taking 4-34 to help put the visitors in control.

Lewis Woodhead dismissed Wyll Stanway early in Furness’ reply, but the rain set in just two overs into it with them 4-1 and the players never got the chance to re-emerge from the pavilion.

Millom dropped down to fifth in the table, although this was no fault of their own, as their match at home to Whitehaven was another to fall victim to the weather, which played havoc across the county.

The visitors won the toss and chose to bat, but were wobbling on 122-6 after 34 overs, with opener Chase Brown top-scoring with 27.

Sameera Sadamal and Graham Dawson both took two wickets for Millom, but they were unable to make further inroads thanks to the conditions.

Just 30 overs were possible between Keswick and Lindal Moor and the home side 130-4 after winning the toss and electing to bat, with opener Will Atkinson unbeaten on 64 off 87 balls at the time.

Lee Hogg had taken two wickets for Lindal, but the points were shared and they’ll be hoping for better luck with the weather when they host Egremont at Pennington Lane on Saturday.

The only match to be played to a finish was Workington’s clash with champions Cockermouth, who were defeated by six wickets after the hosts chased down their revised target of 61.

Cockermouth were the one team in the division who were given the chance to complete their innings during the round of fixtures, as they posted 190-7 from their 50 overs.

Opener Matthew Sempill anchored the visitors’ innings with a magnificent 100 off 158 balls that included 13 fours, with Matthew Lowden taking 3-55 in 15 overs for Workington.

After a rain delay, Workington were given the minimum ten overs to reach their DLS-adjusted target, which they managed with eight deliveries to spare, despite Kavishka Anjula claiming 3-23.

The other two matches were also claimed by the weather, with Wigton going well on 90-1 after 20 overs (Kieron Little 39*) against Carlisle and captain David Watson made 44 for Cleator, who were 111-4 at Egremont, for whom Coady Scott took 3-54.