KIRKBY United remain top of the Furness Premier League Premier Division after another high-scoring win, with Dalton United reserves being on the wrong end of the 7-3 scoreline.

Matty Bruce bagged a hat-trick, while Connor Saunders helped himself to a brace. Scott Watkinson and Joe Kavanagh finished off the scoring. Ste Harkin, Frazer Shand and Smith replied for Dalton.

Bootle are still second on the ladder as they picked up three points on the road at Barrow Celtic, Graham Hartley and Oliver Smith sharing the goals in a 3-0 victory.

Hawcoat Park put nine past Furness Cavaliers without reply. Carl Pearson (3), Carl Mackay (2), Patty Allington (2), Matty Pickering and Ryan Brown did the damage against a Cavs side who, despite the score, never gave up the fight.

A Connor Carson goal was not enough to stop Walney Island reserves tasting a 3-1 defeat at home to Haverigg United. Anthony Foster (2) and Bradley Maine were on target for the visitors.

Two remaining second-round ties in the Furness Senior Cup were completed at the weekend.

Vickerstown reserves are through to the quarter finals following an emphatic 6-2 win against Barrow Wanderers.

Brody Luxon (2), Max Green, Harrison Turner, Danny Douglas and the evergreen Andy Higginson were all on target for Vickerstown. Ross Shields and John Archer replied in vain for Wanderers.

Holker Old Boys reserves are also through to the next round on the back of a Sam Lightfoot hat-trick in their 3-0 win against Swarthmoor Social.

There were goals aplenty in Division One and we start the round-up with league leaders British Legion and their 5-1 win against Vickerstown A.

Zak Gill, Conner Bone, Coen White, Jordan Duke and Paul Williams shared out the goalscoring duties for Legion. Mikey Adams scored Vickerstown’s consolation.

Askam United reserves went down 5-1 at home to Hawcoat Park A, as Sam Jefferson (3), Tom Stanwix and Matthew Hackett scored for the visitors.

Crooklands Casuals reserves beat Bridge United 4-1 at Longlands. Matthew Pearson, Terry Anderson, Scott and Ben Phizacklea on target for Cassies, while James Phizacklea replied for Bridge.

Furness Rovers reserves put eight past Barrow Celtic reserves without reply, as Steve McGarry scored a hat-trick that included two penalties. Jamie Edgley bagged a brace, while Jack Smith, Will Hensley and an own goal made up the remaining efforts.

Swarthmoor Social reserves and Croftlands Park reserves played out a 2-2 draw. Louis Wagstaff and Connor Walker scored for Swarthmoor, with Tom Woodend and Billy McGee on target for Croftlands.

Division Two also showed that the strikers enjoyed the conditions more than the defenders.

Kirkby United reserves showed why they are top of the table by thrashing Bootle reserves 7-1, Brad Kavanagh (2) Andy Doull (2) Reece Petersen, Ben Wilson and Tom Harrison the Kirkby marksmen. Karl Wright scored Bootle’s consolation.

Ross Walker scored a hat-trick for Britannia reserves in their 4-1 win against Walney Island A. Charlie Shaw was also on target for The Brit.

Haverigg United reserves beat Furness Rovers A 6-0, with their efforts coming from Ricky Donaghue (3), Danny Munroe (2) and a wind-assisted goal straight from a corner from Gavin Scudamore.

Millom St James beat Coniston by the odd strike in a nine-goal thriller. Chris Wood (2), Josh Keen (2) and Mark O’Brien were on target for Millom. Callum Bircher (2) Paul Walker and an own goal made up the Coniston tally in an entertaining game.