IT was a goal-fest in the opening round of the Horne Cup and Divisions One and Two of the Furness Premier League on Saturday, as seven fixtures produced an incredible 54 goals.

In the cup, Croftlands Park reserves romped into the second round thanks to an 11-0 victory away to Barrow Celtic reserves.

Isaac Prosser scored five, with Josh Hudson (2), Josh Bayliss (2) Shaun Dixon and Tom Woodend finishing the rout.

Millom A had the edge over Barrow Wanderers reserves, coming from behind to secure a 4-3 victory.

Jed Wilkinson (2) and Sean Balfour scored had put Wanderers 3-1 ahead, but Mark O’Brien added to his earlier goal by scoring a hat-trick in the last 10 minutes to send Millom through.

Hawcoat Park A team are into the hat for the second round as well after defeating Furness Rovers A 6-2.

Tom Stanwix (2) Oscar Lynch, Lewis Woodend, Kane Fleming and Connor Richardson the Hawcoat scorers, and Brendan Trainor and Mike Doherty were on target for Rovers.

Zak Gill was the hero for British Legion as he scored in their 1-0 win over Vickerstown A.

Kirkby United reserves went through on penalties after their game with Furness Rovers reserves ended 0-0.

Haverigg United reserves are also through thanks to a 4-0 win against Coniston. Danny Munroe bagged a hat-trick and James Tyson added the fourth

In the day’s only Division One fixture, Barrow Wanderers pick up three points after a 4-2 win at Bridge United. Ross Shields, Dan Turner and Jordan Wallace (2) were their scorers.

In Division Two, Holker Old Boys A put GSK Ulverston Rangers reserves to the sword with a 9-0 win.

Sam Lightfoot and Conor Erdis both scored hat tricks, with Sam Henderson, Morgan Gwynne and Thom Park also on target.

Walney Island A beat Britannia reserves 4-1, with Haydn Skyrme (2) Carl Hill and Paul Honeyman scoring for the home side, and James Haughin replying for Brit.

Millom St James had the returning Dave Cooper to thank as he scored both goals in a 2-1 win over Bootle reserves. Adam Mawson was on target for Bootle.