JARRAD Stack led the way with two tries for Barrow Raiders as they won a high-scoring encounter at home to Dewsbury Rams 58-32 in this afternoon’s re-arranged Betfred Championship clash.

There was little to choose between the teams in the opening 10 minutes, but the deadlock was broken in the 11th when a high tackle on Martin Aspinwall gave Barrow good field position to attack from, with Nathan Mossop sending Joe Bullock over for a try converted by Jamie Dallimore.

However, two tries in the space of three minutes turned the game on its head. The first came in the 16th minute when Aaron Brown dummied the Raiders defence to score and the second followed soon after as the ball was worked for Josh Guzdek to go over, with James Glover converting both.

The rest of the half was all Barrow though, starting in the 25th minute when two consecutive penalties led to the Raiders turning the screw and finishing with Dallimore sending Jono Smith over, plus kicking the conversion.

Two minutes later, Gene Ormsby used his pace and power to race down the wing from around 40 metres for an unconverted try out wide and on 35 minutes, a last-tackle play saw Dean Parata set up Ryan Duffy to rumble through a gap for a converted try.

There was still time for stand-off Dallimore to score and convert before the hooter sounded for half time, thanks in no small part to Jarrad Stack leaping up to collect a kick by Ryan Johnston and set up his team-mate to race in under the posts.

Four converted tries in the space of nine minutes early in the second half effectively killed the game off as a contest and the first came on 46 minutes when Stack again plucked a high ball from Johnston out of the air, this time going on to score himself.

Two minutes later, Dean Parata got in on the act by going over from close range and that was followed in the 53rd minute by second row Stack forcing his way through the defence for a second try.

Ryan Fieldhouse’s score took the Raiders to the half-century mark in the 55th minute, but after this Dewsbury enjoyed something of a flourish as Gudzek got his second, followed by Macauley Hallett finding away over in the 64th minute and Glover converting.

Danny Morrow then became Barrow’s ninth different try-scorer of the match as the clock ticked over to the final 10 minutes and although Samuel Day and Gudzek managed further tries for the Rams, there was no time for them to make a comeback.

Barrow Raiders: Ryan Fieldhouse; Shane Toal, Declan Hulme, Andy Litherland, Gene Ormsby; Jamie Dallimore, Ryan Johnston; Joe Bullock, Nathan Mossop, Alec Susino, Jono Smith, Jarrad Stack, Martin Aspinwall. Interchange: Dean Parata, Danny Morrow, Glenn Riley, Ryan Duffy.

Dewsbury Rams: Josh Guzdek; Gareth Potts, James Glover, Macauley Hallett, Dale Morton; Aaron Brown, Gareth Moore; Jode Sheriffe, Robbie Ward, Jack Teanby, Lucas Walshaw, Michael Knowles, Jordan Crowther. Interchange: Samuel Day, Martyn Reilly, Kyle Trout, Toby Everett.

Referee: John McMullen.