ALEX Walker and Rhys Williams both ran in a hat-trick of tries as London Broncos inflicted a second straight 72-6 home defeat on Barrow Raiders to secure their place in the Qualifiers in the final game of the Betfred Championship regular season.

A reshuffled Raiders side were down by 38 points at half time and had Matty While in the sin-bin. But although the hosts held their own for most of the first 20 minutes after the break, the Broncos eventually managed to turn the screw and did what Toulouse Olympique did to them two weeks prior.

The match marked a 200th Barrow appearance for Nathan Mossop as well, although that was overshadowed by the final score and the Raiders will be grateful for the upcoming week off ahead of the second part of the season commencing.

Barrow made a positive start to the match and saw Alec Susino held up over the line after two knock-ons by Keiran Dixon in his own 10 metres, one of which was forced by a superb tackle from Matty Holmes.

But it was the Broncos who struck first when Api Pewhairanfi kicked a 40/20 and then took a quick tap restart, catching the Raiders defence off-guard to go over for the opening try – followed by Dixon converting.

Barrow rallied, but their line was breached again on 19 minutes as full-back Walker jinked his way through the clutches of several Raiders players to score, with Dixon again converting.

That signalled the opening of the floodgates and London ran in tries at regular intervals for the rest of the half, with the third coming four minutes later when the visitors recovered the ball from broken play on halfway, before sending wide man Williams streaking down the left wing and back inside.

London’s offloading game was causing problems for Barrow too and one of those from Eddie Battye set up James Cunningham for a converted try, with Dixon then getting in on the try-scoring act with an unconverted out wide from a scrum on 33 minutes.

Barrow’s day went from bad to worse when Matty While was sin-binned for using his knees in the tackle moments after coming off the interchange bench and the Broncos made the most of their temporary numerical advantage, Dan Harrison scoring with his first touch and then Jarrod Sammut scoring and converting his own try on the stroke of half time.

London failed to make any further inroads for much of the first quarter after the restart and Barrow threatened the opposition line on several occasions, only to be thwarted each time.

And when Kear found winger Williams in acres of space out wide on 57 minutes, it signalled the start of the rampage.

James Cunningham sprinted clear for a try on the hour, swiftly followed by Walker completing his hat-trick with two tries in the space of five minutes.

Tricky half-back Sammut then finished off under the posts for his second converted try after Dean Parata's kick was charged down and although Jamie Dallimore did manage a consolation for Barrow with a try and conversion six minutes from time, the rout was completed by Williams finishing a length-of-the field counter-attack on 78 minutes.

Barrow Raiders: Ryan Johnston; Georgy Gambaro, Bradd Crellin, Tom Loxam, Ryan Burroughs; Jamie Dallimore, Dean Parata; Ryan Duffy, Nathan Mossop, Arnaud Bartes, Joe Bullock, Matty Holmes, Alec Susino. Interchange: Matty While, Martin Aspinwall, Glenn Riley, Mendy Saidty.

London Broncos: Alex Walker; Keiran Dixon, Ben Hellewell, Elliott Kear, Rhys Williams; Apirana Pewhairanfi, James Cunningham; Edward Battye, Eloi Pelissier, Ben Evans, Jay Pitts, Daniel Hindmarsh, Tom Spencer. Interchange: Rob Butler, Mark Ioane, Jarrod Sammut, Daniel Harrison.

Referee: Ben Thaler.