EMERGENCY services rushed to a property in Ulverston after a log store caught fire - and spread into the residents' home.

Fire crews from Ulverston were called out to Colt House Lane at 1pm yesterday to attend an incident involving a log store which caught fire and spread to the occupants' property.

Crews used breathing apparatus and hose reel jets to prevent the fire spreading internally.

Firefighters were in attendance for 80 minutes.

A spokesman said: "We remind people about storing combustible materials close to your home."