ASSISTANT boss Richard Dryden is pleased with the fighting spirit Barrow AFC have shown so far this season.

Battling Barrow went three games unbeaten with a goalless draw against Exeter City at a blustery Holker Street on Tuesday night.

The club’s only defeat so far this term came at Stevenage on the opening day.

And Dryden, who took over post-match media duties after Mark Cooper’s sending off, said: “Exeter are a big side in this league and they know they’ve come up here and been given a game.

“We were disappointed with the performance and the goal we conceded against Stevenage. But we fought and scrapped against Hartlepool.

“With these lads we want to play football, but we know if we can’t play our football then we can do the other side nicely.

“They want to win at all costs. It’s great if they can get the ball down and play total football, but today wasn’t the day to do that.

“The big talking point was the weather with the wind,” added Dryden.

“In these types of games, it is always a mistake from a keeper, full-back or centre half where you are going to get the result from.

“But it showed this team has passion and want to fight and scrap for everything.

“When you have that and you can play a bit as well, you have a great chance of winning more games than losing them.”

The Cumbrian club did everything but score in difficult conditions.

Ex Carlisle striker Offrande Zanzala came close to making the breakthrough on the hour mark, but Alex Hartridge recovered to clear off the line.

Shot-stopper Paul Farman wasn’t tested until late on when he made a routine save from Ben Seymour’s effort.

But the biggest turning point came just before the end when former Forest Green Rovers’ boss Cooper was sent off.

Cooper was dismissed from the dugout late on for apparent remarks to referee Andrew Kitchen’s colleague, Helen Edwards.

Dyrden admitted: "I didn’t see it to be fair.I was at the other end of the dugout trying to do stuff.

"I looked round and all of a sudden there was a red card out."