THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (C5060 MITCHELLAND) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF ALL TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018Notice ID: WAR0805269
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (C5060 MITCHELLAND) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF ALL TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that due to serious damage to the road as a result of a collapsed culvert the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit all traffic (i.e. vehicles and pedestrians) from proceeding along that section of the C5060 Mitchelland from its junction with the B5284 Crook Road extending in a south westerly direction for a distance of approx.450m.
A suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via the B5284 Crook Road, A5074 and the unrestricted section of the C5060.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads.
1. This follows 2 emergency notices dated 22 August 2018 and 12 September 2018.
This follows 2 emergency notices dated 22 August 2018 and 12 September 2018.
2. Cumbria Highways are unable to commence any works to repair the culvert until July 2019 due to Environment Agency migrating fish constraints.
Any queries to Cumbria Highways, Sowerby Woods Depot, Bouthwood Road, Barrow, LAI4 4RD (0300 303 2992) quoting reference SLI8/64782/2.
The Order will come into operation on 3 October 2018 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required forapprox. 10 months.
D Roberts, Executive Director - Corporate Customer & Community Services, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, Carlisle, CAI IRD Dated: 27 September 2018