THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS, BOROUGH OF COP ELAND) (CONSOLIDATION AND PROVISION OF TRAFFIC REGULATIONS) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BRA1879883
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS, BOROUGH OF COP ELAND) (CONSOLIDATION AND PROVISION OF TRAFFIC REGULATIONS) ORDER 2020
1. Cumbria Count/ Council hereby give notice that on 20 October 2020 it made the above Order under Sections 1(1), 2(1) to (4), 19, 32, 35, 3SA, 38, 45, 46,47,49, 51, 53 and 64 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traf c Regulation Act 1984.
2. The Order will come into operation on 26 October 2020 and its effect will be to consolidate the provisions of The Count/ of Cumbria (Various Roads, Borough of Copeland) (Consolidation and Provision of Traffic Regulations) Order 2018, together with the restrictions and alterations detailed below, into one concise order: -
3. The restrictions and alterations are as follows:
(i) Introduce "No Waiting At Any Time" restrictions on: -
Part of Croft Head Road, Seascale; Caton Street, Atkinson Street, and Main Street, Haverigg
High Lowca, Lowca; Seacroft Drive, St Bees; Market Place, Egremont (also removing those which cross the entrance to St Bridget's Lane); and Prior/ Drive Roundabout, and Birks Road, Cleator Moor.
(ii) Introduce a "7.5 Tonnes Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight, Except for Access" restriction on Gallows Lonning, Moresby. (Note exemptions will allow access to farm vehicles requiring access to and egress from, fields adjoining Gallows Lonning);
(iii) Introduce a "No Right Turn, Except for Cycles" restriction, for vehicles travelling in a northerly direction on the C4037 into Sellafield Ltd Main Gate; and
(iv) Introduce a "No Right Turn, Except for Buses" restriction, for vehicles travelling in a northerly direction on the C4037 into Sellafield Ltd Main Gate Search Area.
4. Full details of the Order, together with plans showing the lengths of road concerned, a statement of the Council's reasons for making the Order together with a copy of the Order to be consolidated and revoked, may be viewed on the Council's website using the following link https^/
sport/high ways-pave merits/highways/not ices, asp,
and may otherwise be obtained by emailing
5. If you wish to question the validity of the Order or of any provision contained in it on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or on the grounds that any requirement of that Act or any instrument made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Order, you may within six weeks of 20 October 2020 apply to the High Court for this purpose.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CAI IRD.
Dated 23 October 2020