THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (MARKET STREET AND UNION STREET, ULVERSTON) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019Notice ID: BRA1481658
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (MARKET STREET AND UNION STREET, ULVERSTON) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Battersby Construction & Groundworks to carry out installation works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following lengths of road:-
1. Market Street, Ulverston: From its junction with the County Road roundabout extending in a north westerly direction for approx. 75m.
2. Union Street, Ulverston: Other than in a north easterly direction from its junction with Market Street to its junction with Brewery Street.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times and a suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via Brewery Street, Foundation Street, Queens Street and County Road. Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the reference SL19/6994. The Order will come into operation on 13 January 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for 12 days only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 5 December 2019