THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (UNADOPTED ROAD AND BUDDLE ROAD, CLAY FLATTS, WORKINGTON) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019Notice ID: BRA1277358
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (UNADOPTED ROAD AND BUDDLE ROAD, CLAY FLATTS, WORKINGTON) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable T & K Gallagher to carry out utility works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following sections of road at Clay Flatts, Workington:-
1. Unadopted road (leading to Matalan): From its junction with Solway Road extending in a south easterly direction for approx 30m.
From: 19 August 2019 Approx. Duration: I week (during the night).
2. Buddie Road: From its junction with Solway Road extending in a south easterly direction for approx 50m.
From: 26 August 2019 Approx Duration: I week
The above Works will not necessarily be done in numerical
The contractor will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times and a suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via the unrestricted section of Buddie Road and Solway Road.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to Cumbria Highways, Joseph Noble Road, Lillyhall, Workington, CAI4 4JH (0300 303 2992) quoting reference GII0/I9/A264.
The Order will come into operation on 19 August 2019 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required as above. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CAI IRD Dated: 2 August 2019