Walney mum’s special deliveries in double quick time
Last updated at 15:41, Wednesday, 13 June 2012
ALLISON Hart is the envy of mothers everywhere.
Not only does she have six beautiful children, but the labours for three of them have each lasted scarcely longer than it takes to boil an egg or two.
Five years ago the Evening Mail told the remarkable story of Mrs Hart giving birth to her daughter Jade in the bath after being in labour for just seven minutes.
Two years prior to that her son Michael was born on the pavement outside Furness General Hospital just 30 minutes after Mrs Hart started contractions.
And last Monday Mrs Hart was at it again, with the beautiful Olivia Rose popping out while her mum took a bath in her Thames Road home in Walney – setting a new family record of five minutes in labour.
Proud husband and father Christopher Hart who, knowing there was no hope of getting his wife to hospital in time, stepped forward to deliver his daughter into the world.
“My wife was feeling uncomfortable and got up to run a bath to relax herself,” he said.
“She was standing in the bath when the baby started to come and I didn’t want the same thing to happen with Olivia as happened to Michael or Jade, when the cord actually snapped and she dropped into the water.
“So I phoned the ambulance and I had the telephone on speaker while I was in the bathroom and told the woman my wife has a tendency to have really, really quick labours.
“She talked me through it and told me how I had to gently put upward pressure on (Olivia’s) head at the same time as my wife was pushing.
“The whole thing took about five minutes. She was born by the time the ambulance turned up.”
Mr Hart said there appeared to be no explanation for his wife’s breathtaking efficiency when it came to childbirth.
“There’s nothing medically wrong and as far as the children are concerned they are all healthy,” he said.
“It’s just one of those things.”
Olivia is a little sister for Stephen, 13, Cameron, 10, Michael, seven, Jade, five and Aston, who is one on Thursday.
First published at 13:16, Monday, 11 June 2012
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
I'm biting my tongue on so many levels, sorry.
Make your comment
- South Cumbria farmer’s shock after savaged lambs are found by daughters
- WITH VIDEO: Facebook friends rally round to give Barrow dog life-saving surgery (1 comment)
- Cumbria GP surgeries in line for £7m cash windfall
- Barrow hospital chef appeared on TV with celebrity chef James Martin (2 comments)
- Barrow worker who hit colleague with hammer faces prison
- Head of pioneering Barrow school to leave his post
- Barrow pharmacist is first to prescribe drugs without the doctor
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Rugby player, 15, suffers neck injury at Millom game
- Woman sought in Barrow shoplifting investigation
- Barrow batsman Liam targets Lancashire bow after setting world record
- Cook scoops Barrow AFC awards haul
- Hawcoat Sayle to last-day win
- De La Salle sink Furness on final day
- Crewe derail Walney Terriers
- Butler nears Barrow Raiders return
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title (2 comments)
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (2 comments)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker