Walney mum’s special deliveries in double quick time
Last updated at 15:41, Wednesday, 13 June 2012
ALLISON Hart is the envy of mothers everywhere.
Not only does she have six beautiful children, but the labours for three of them have each lasted scarcely longer than it takes to boil an egg or two.
Five years ago the Evening Mail told the remarkable story of Mrs Hart giving birth to her daughter Jade in the bath after being in labour for just seven minutes.
Two years prior to that her son Michael was born on the pavement outside Furness General Hospital just 30 minutes after Mrs Hart started contractions.
And last Monday Mrs Hart was at it again, with the beautiful Olivia Rose popping out while her mum took a bath in her Thames Road home in Walney – setting a new family record of five minutes in labour.
Proud husband and father Christopher Hart who, knowing there was no hope of getting his wife to hospital in time, stepped forward to deliver his daughter into the world.
“My wife was feeling uncomfortable and got up to run a bath to relax herself,” he said.
“She was standing in the bath when the baby started to come and I didn’t want the same thing to happen with Olivia as happened to Michael or Jade, when the cord actually snapped and she dropped into the water.
“So I phoned the ambulance and I had the telephone on speaker while I was in the bathroom and told the woman my wife has a tendency to have really, really quick labours.
“She talked me through it and told me how I had to gently put upward pressure on (Olivia’s) head at the same time as my wife was pushing.
“The whole thing took about five minutes. She was born by the time the ambulance turned up.”
Mr Hart said there appeared to be no explanation for his wife’s breathtaking efficiency when it came to childbirth.
“There’s nothing medically wrong and as far as the children are concerned they are all healthy,” he said.
“It’s just one of those things.”
Olivia is a little sister for Stephen, 13, Cameron, 10, Michael, seven, Jade, five and Aston, who is one on Thursday.
First published at 13:16, Monday, 11 June 2012
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
I'm biting my tongue on so many levels, sorry.
Make your comment
- South Walney junior orienteers head in right direction
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Dane Ghyll youngsters net thrilling victory with picture gallery
- Shield glory for St Paul's School youngsters
- Thorns secure top-three place with victory
- Inaugural Coniston kids fun run a big success
- Cents and Dalton clash at Craven Park tonight
- EMMA GIVES IT A TRI: I live in terror in transitions
- EMMA GIVES IT A TRI: Cumbria edges it over Manchester
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern (1 comment)
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission