Walney mum’s special deliveries in double quick time
Last updated at 15:41, Wednesday, 13 June 2012
ALLISON Hart is the envy of mothers everywhere.
Not only does she have six beautiful children, but the labours for three of them have each lasted scarcely longer than it takes to boil an egg or two.
Five years ago the Evening Mail told the remarkable story of Mrs Hart giving birth to her daughter Jade in the bath after being in labour for just seven minutes.
Two years prior to that her son Michael was born on the pavement outside Furness General Hospital just 30 minutes after Mrs Hart started contractions.
And last Monday Mrs Hart was at it again, with the beautiful Olivia Rose popping out while her mum took a bath in her Thames Road home in Walney – setting a new family record of five minutes in labour.
Proud husband and father Christopher Hart who, knowing there was no hope of getting his wife to hospital in time, stepped forward to deliver his daughter into the world.
“My wife was feeling uncomfortable and got up to run a bath to relax herself,” he said.
“She was standing in the bath when the baby started to come and I didn’t want the same thing to happen with Olivia as happened to Michael or Jade, when the cord actually snapped and she dropped into the water.
“So I phoned the ambulance and I had the telephone on speaker while I was in the bathroom and told the woman my wife has a tendency to have really, really quick labours.
“She talked me through it and told me how I had to gently put upward pressure on (Olivia’s) head at the same time as my wife was pushing.
“The whole thing took about five minutes. She was born by the time the ambulance turned up.”
Mr Hart said there appeared to be no explanation for his wife’s breathtaking efficiency when it came to childbirth.
“There’s nothing medically wrong and as far as the children are concerned they are all healthy,” he said.
“It’s just one of those things.”
Olivia is a little sister for Stephen, 13, Cameron, 10, Michael, seven, Jade, five and Aston, who is one on Thursday.
First published at 13:16, Monday, 11 June 2012
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
I'm biting my tongue on so many levels, sorry.
Make your comment
- Barrow youngsters show they mean business
- All action from the Evening Mail’s poll vaults
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- Barrow Sea Cadets launch litter mission
- Barrow mum will tackle 40-mile walk to remember her one-year-old (3 comments)
- Child vandals hurl object at Barrow bus (1 comment)
- Millom boy's rare illness progress
- Legal high clampdown at Cumbria festival (2 comments)
- Barrow Sister Act performers show why they’re second to nun
- Defender released by Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders boss pays tribute to Danny Jones
- Haworth wants Barrow AFC deal
- Hero Declan does the trick for Cents
- Rhiann earns GB call-up as Duddon paddlers shine
- Barrow social club pockets snooker tables from mystery man
- Barrow school make netball history
- Hawcoat claim bowling bragging rights
- Seasons to be cheerful for Furness footballers
- Big money Barrow snooker comp returns