Walney mum’s special deliveries in double quick time
Last updated at 15:41, Wednesday, 13 June 2012
ALLISON Hart is the envy of mothers everywhere.
Not only does she have six beautiful children, but the labours for three of them have each lasted scarcely longer than it takes to boil an egg or two.
Five years ago the Evening Mail told the remarkable story of Mrs Hart giving birth to her daughter Jade in the bath after being in labour for just seven minutes.
Two years prior to that her son Michael was born on the pavement outside Furness General Hospital just 30 minutes after Mrs Hart started contractions.
And last Monday Mrs Hart was at it again, with the beautiful Olivia Rose popping out while her mum took a bath in her Thames Road home in Walney – setting a new family record of five minutes in labour.
Proud husband and father Christopher Hart who, knowing there was no hope of getting his wife to hospital in time, stepped forward to deliver his daughter into the world.
“My wife was feeling uncomfortable and got up to run a bath to relax herself,” he said.
“She was standing in the bath when the baby started to come and I didn’t want the same thing to happen with Olivia as happened to Michael or Jade, when the cord actually snapped and she dropped into the water.
“So I phoned the ambulance and I had the telephone on speaker while I was in the bathroom and told the woman my wife has a tendency to have really, really quick labours.
“She talked me through it and told me how I had to gently put upward pressure on (Olivia’s) head at the same time as my wife was pushing.
“The whole thing took about five minutes. She was born by the time the ambulance turned up.”
Mr Hart said there appeared to be no explanation for his wife’s breathtaking efficiency when it came to childbirth.
“There’s nothing medically wrong and as far as the children are concerned they are all healthy,” he said.
“It’s just one of those things.”
Olivia is a little sister for Stephen, 13, Cameron, 10, Michael, seven, Jade, five and Aston, who is one on Thursday.
First published at 13:16, Monday, 11 June 2012
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
I'm biting my tongue on so many levels, sorry.
Make your comment
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan (1 comment)
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown